• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    I have accepted the fact that I am going to pay a premium at this point. Hopefully, I can actually find one available...

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Today I sent an email to the shows promoter and got this response;

The show has NOT been cancelled. We are open 9-5 Saturday dec 5 and 9-3 Sunday dec 6

Sent from myMail for iOS

Friday, December 4, 2020, 12:31 PM -0500 from Joseph R Keogh

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    That can't really be answered. Someone could make a comment about something they've seen on a particular occasion, but there is almost certainly someone else with a very different story.

I've seen huge variations in prices for the same item at the same show from different vendors. Sometimes I've seen really good deals, other times I've seen ridiculous prices that will literally make you laugh out loud.

If you're looking for a deal your best bet is to walk the whole show first. The downside is, in today's market something you passed on in search of a better deal could very well be gone when you come back around.

Would wager a bet prices will be high due to demand. Suggest also maybe posting in Wanted To Buy forum- may find someone looking to divest of one.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Would wager a bet prices will be high due to demand. Suggest also maybe posting in Wanted To Buy forum- may find someone looking to divest of one.

Yeah, when I referenced finding a good deal, that is obviously a relative statement.

Something that would have made you keep on walking 10 months ago might be considered a deal now. :rolleyes:

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    I will just be happy to find one at this point that is the same price as buying one on gun broker and paying shipping and transfer fees. I had a line on one last week at a local shop, but didn’t want to buy it until I had the physical wear and carry permit in my hand. I want a gun I can actually carry, otherwise it was no use to me without the permit....

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Have you checked with an IP near you if they can get one? Save you transfer fees. Check the IP map in the header above.

I've transferred a handgun found at a PA show through Brian at South Carroll before... his fee is extremely low and would add little to the total cost.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I've transferred a handgun found at a PA show through Brian at South Carroll before... his fee is extremely low and would add little to the total cost.

Thanks for the promo...lol. We are at the York show, we are just to the left side as you come into the hall. Stop by and see us....

Last edited:

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    10:06. No line. Walk right up and get in. Most people wearing masks, just heard announcement that masks required, just a few people NOT wearing masks. I’m pretty sure I Saw some reloading supplies but I don’t know anything about reloading to provide any other info. Ammo seemed to be “market” prices but I wasn’t here for ammo so didn’t interrogate closely. Magazine (which I was here for) prices are just a little more than The Nations Gun Show.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Good selection of powders, that I could tell. One vendor had a sign "No primers". Red dot, blue dot, blc(2), cfe pistol, cfe 223, various hodgen powders, etc. 8208xbr notably missing. Price on powder, for those that I could see, seemed reasonable.

Saw various 6.5mm bullets of various weights, but alas, no hornady SST 123gr. Are those even available as components?

Saw SRP, I thought box of 1000, for $147 - at that price, I could be mistaken.

Ammo was ridiculous, AR15 mags were priced about the same (got some magpul gen2 for $10, gen3 were $13/$14), glock mags a little more expensive ($30 for glock factory).

Didn't price any firearms, so you're on your own there.

Did I mention ammo guy out front was ridiculous. Although his price was very much inline with internet pricing.

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    No primers . Ammo is at the typical 1.00 per round prices. Not a lot of handguns. Some older rifles and shotguns and a few SKS all in the 500.00 + range. After this one, I have the feeling that gun shows are fading away for me. Unless I am looking for something as a one off, it is better to buy it at a local store or on line.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    No primers . Ammo is at the typical 1.00 per round prices. Not a lot of handguns. Some older rifles and shotguns and a few SKS all in the 500.00 + range. After this one, I have the feeling that gun shows are fading away for me. Unless I am looking for something as a one off, it is better to buy it at a local store or on line.

Try Gunbroker- and watch MDS classifieds, still deals to be found but takes time and patience. Gun shows outside of maybe mags, powders, are becoming not as useful as they once were for value purchases.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford

Wife and I just got home. I agree with you. Unless you need standard cap mags
    It's not worth the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom