• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I kick myself for not getting one when they were $700 and less. In addition to their quality, as Blaster mentioned, I always liked their inclusion of a carry handle. I believe they also used to include a hardcase for the rifle.

I picked one up from JLowes back in the fall of 2017 for $600 when they were selling like mad.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I picked one up from JLowes back in the fall of 2017 for $600 when they were selling like mad.
    I also bought one online from JLowes around that time too, for $399 (I believe) during a July 4th sale. So cheap that while I was there picking it up, I bought a second one. An old friend of mine used to say “I can’t afford not to buy it”. Not sorry one bit, they’re both great shooters.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    The bummer about the welded muzzle device is that makes it no good for a suppressor. I almost snagged a Tavor in the classifieds but I couldn’t get past the welded muzzle issue.

I keep telling myself that one day I'll get someone to remove the pin and weld but I probably never will. There are some A2 mounted suppressors out there but I'm not too interested in those.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I also bought one online from JLowes around that time too, for $399 (I believe) during a July 4th sale. So cheap that while I was there picking it up, I bought a second one. An old friend of mine used to say “I can’t afford not to buy it”. Not sorry one bit, they’re both great shooters.

I think you probably got a Delton for $399. I don’t think Windham’s have ever been under $660, at least not that I’ve seen.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I think you probably got a Delton for $399. I don’t think Windham’s have ever been under $660, at least not that I’ve seen.

Windham HBAR’s were on sale at JLowes for $499 was the lowest I saw them for. I told a buddy who lives near JLowe that bought one. He wished he would have bought 2!

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Windham Weaponry R16 7.62X39 R16M4FTT-762
    WWY R16 M4A3 762x39 16B RAIL

Model : Windham Weaponry R16M4FTT-762 ...
    Track Package $835.00

Picked this up back in June before things got too crazy. Got plenty of 7.62 since my SKS shoots the same.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Most Windham’s I have seen have a 1:9 twist barrel, just FYI.

Perfectly good for the average shooter and especially useful if you want to shoot lighter varmint rounds, but if your diet consists of any 75 or 77gr pills then 1:9 may not be the ideal twist.

I would rather have a 1 in 9 that shoots 55 and 62 grain rounds accurately versus a 1 in 7 that will only shoot 69+ grain bullets accurately. I have a Noveske barrel like that. Awesome 70 grain groups; abysmal 55 grain groups.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The bummer about the welded muzzle device is that makes it no good for a suppressor. I almost snagged a Tavor in the classifieds but I couldn’t get past the welded muzzle issue.

Have your favorite suppressor mount pinned and welded.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I would rather have a 1 in 9 that shoots 55 and 62 grain rounds accurately versus a 1 in 7 that will only shoot 69+ grain bullets accurately. I have a Noveske barrel like that. Awesome 70 grain groups; abysmal 55 grain groups.

I hear ya. I have 1:9 on my wife's rifle because it will never see anything but bulk 55 or 62gr. I also enjoy knowing I have a rifle that could shoot <55gr projectiles if I choose.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Windham HBAR’s were on sale at JLowes for $499 was the lowest I saw them for. I told a buddy who lives near JLowe that bought one. He wished he would have bought 2!
    This was most likely the correct price. It was a long time ago, and I even said “I think” because $399 didn’t sound quite correct to me. It was low enough to buy 2 for less than $1k. You’re probably correct, and to those that have stated as such.....no I didn’t buy a Delton and think I bought a Windham but thanks for playing.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I have that Windham and a Colt with a 14.5 barrel. To me, I can't tell the difference when shooting them. Well, I only have 20 rounds thru my Colt.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    I have that exact rifle. Got it for $750.00 back in 2015. Great shooter, and fairly light. swapper the stock out because I like the Magpul CTR better.

Sigfan77

My dog loves his Sig, too
    Feb 8, 2017
    Fredneck, PRM
    I love my Windham. Chrome barrel, carrying handle, A2 hand grips, under $800 in 2015. The place I got it had modded it a bit and the guy they modded it for backed out, so I got it (with goodies, case candy, and yes, the PLASTIC case) and bundled it with an HK416D. I keep talking about optics for it but the iron sights work well for what I do with it. I guess you can take the boy out of the Marine Corps....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom