• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland
    Anyone have a sense of the current timeline for a first time W&C application? Imagine that it will take a while to go through all of the background information, contact references, etc. Has anyone recently gone through the process?

I applied end of August. I just recieved my Utah permit. All my background checks, references and interviews are complete. The investigator requested some additional proof of business which I supplied. She sumbitted it last week to the MSP where it is currently under review.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Wishing you luck. I sent in all my stuff on the 4th. Got flagged for a missing item yesterday (I forgot to sign my score card from training)... fixed that and this morning it changed to application accepted and will be assigned to an investor on a first come first serve basis. No the wait. :)

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Wishing you luck. I sent in all my stuff on the 4th. Got flagged for a missing item yesterday (I forgot to sign my score card from training)... fixed that and this morning it changed to application accepted and will be assigned to an investor on a first come first serve basis. No the wait. :)
    I’d invest in you Doc.

You’re a good risk imo.

Nnnvstg8r

Last edited:

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    It took 6months back in 2000 my first time. It lapsed though because I had a couple years between businesses
    In 2020 it took me about 65 days

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I just got assigned an investigator Tuesday, so does anyone have an idea of when I should expect a call from them?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Same for me, ten-ish days. Be ready for some strange bankers' hours availability.
    My interviewer was a retired trooper with an attitude of he wakes up late and goes home early, so he only had interview time slots from 10-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom