• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    Is there anywhere I can find a Blue Book Value type of website that gives suggested values of used guns? I did a quick internet search and all that came up was a couple hard copy books to order and a website that wanted me to pay for membership before seeing anything. Are there any free websites that offer this or good ones that may come at a small cost? Not looking for a value on any one particular item at the moment, but trying to research a few ideas.

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    The value of used firearms is much less predictable than value of used cars. (Although that has been weird the past year too). Look how often consignment guns at LGSs drop in price.

A decent way to gauge price is to track several identical items on GunBroker, wait for them to sell, and calculate the average selling price. Then do some adjusting for condition, if you are willing to ship or transfer at a LGS in your area, etc.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    what is it?

You can search on completed items on gunbroker for a start.

FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    The value of used firearms is much less predictable than value of used cars. (Although that has been weird the past year too). Look how often consignment guns at LGSs drop in price.

A decent way to gauge price is to track several identical items on GunBroker, wait for them to sell, and calculate the average selling price. Then do some adjusting for condition, if you are willing to ship or transfer at a LGS in your area, etc.

I had looked around gunbroker active listings before but saw mixed prices. It would make sense to check closed listings, I'll hadn't thought of that

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At Gun Shows it's common to find used copies of previous editions of both the Blue Book , and Book of Modern Gun Values , or Gun Traders Guide .

They are useful general references , as what was made by who and what time period , and overall production, relative values of comparable guns , rarity and and premium for certain features , variants , calibers , etc . But there is always publishing lag , significant regional variation , etc . And of course the gun marketplace is volitile .

Before everything went digital , Shotgun News , and particularly Gun List had lots of listings from both individuals and small shops . Averaging the prices from a couple recent issues gave a good feel for current values . These dead tree based sources had less wild swings either high or low than today's digital auction sites .

Alas , all the above doesn't help much for the OP to find out what XYZ is worth this week .

Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    Is there anywhere I can find a Blue Book Value type of website that gives suggested values of used guns? I did a quick internet search and all that came up was a couple hard copy books to order and a website that wanted me to pay for membership before seeing anything. Are there any free websites that offer this or good ones that may come at a small cost? Not looking for a value on any one particular item at the moment, but trying to research a few ideas.

next time you stop by the shop, you can page through our blue book if you like.

Jul 1, 2012
    I had looked around gunbroker active listings before but saw mixed prices. It would make sense to check closed listings, I'll hadn't thought of that

You have to use the Advanced Search (which means being logged in) and select the Completed Items tab, which isn't obvious. Once that comes up use the "Bid Count High To Low" filter selection otherwise you have to wade through a bunch of unsold crazy-high price crap.

Attachments

• gb.jpg
      gb.jpg
      45.7 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads