• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    Depends on who you buy it from most retailers will not ship them to Maryland disassembled or otherwise.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It can legally ship to you as a parts kit. If you assemble (manufacture) it in MD, it's a misdemeanor per MD criminal code 4-305 and punishable by up to 3 years in prison and a $5,000 fine, which would permanently disqualify you from owning guns. Don't set yourself up to win a stupid prize.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It can legally ship to you as a parts kit. If you assemble (manufacture) it in MD, it's a misdemeanor per MD criminal code 4-305 and punishable by up to 3 years in prison and a $5,000 fine, which would permanently disqualify you from owning guns. Don't set yourself up to win a stupid prize.

Boom is totally right--simply not worth it. Any Marylander can possess any size mag over 20 ROUNDS as long as they have personally left the state of Maryland to buy them, borrow them, receive them from someone as a gift, or assemble them. To repeat: You must be outside the borders of Maryland to take possession, even if it is from another Marylander.

Yes, I know that people talk about receiving "repair" or "upgrade" kits in the mail. But if your source is an undercover cop and he can prove you assembled them ("manufactured" them) in Merryland then you are up a creek.

If you are standing on Maryland soil and so much as "gift" a buddy a spare mag OVER 20 ROUNDS at no charge you are violating the "no transfer" clause and you could get cuffed up. Trust me, at the Timonium Gun Show last month someone was arrested right in front of me and taken to jail for selling a mag over 20 rounds. Be smart....

Spoon22

Jan 23, 2013
    I would just cross the border or pick up some lower caps. It's just not worth it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Yes, I know that people talk about receiving "repair" or "upgrade" kits in the mail. But if your source is an undercover cop and he can prove you assembled them ("manufactured" them) in Merryland then you are up a creek.

What Rack&Roll just wrote cannot be emphasized enough. LE can track such shipments, wait a few days, visit you to ask questions, and/or surveil you. Look at what's going on right now in Annapolis. Most MD politicians would squeal with glee if they could make a very public example out of you with an arrest and prosecution, in concert with prominent coverage in the Baltimore Sun and Washington Post. Don't be "that guy".

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Have them shipped to a friend in Maryland.

Seriously MrJesse, we occasionally have anti-gun people sign up here and throw stupid shiite out here so that fellow anti's can scream like girls that we are criminal conspirators. Did you leave out the phrase "...WHO IS NOT...in Maryland?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Does any one know if I can buy DISASSEMBLED 30rd mag and have it shipped here?

You could, but why. It's more trouble than it's worth. Ship them to a location in a nearby free state and collected them there on your free time. Why would anyone intentionally tempt fate.

To be honest, at this point in time, there is too much going on to want to get on the radar for something that stupid.

M

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    ok so its not illegal to own a 30rd clip in MD, its just illegal to purchase one or receive one one from another source in the state.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    ok so its not illegal to own a 30rd clip in MD, its just illegal to purchase one or receive one one from another source in the state.

No, it's illegal to manufacture (that includes building out of a "parts kit") or transfer ownership of them within the state of MD, no matter where they come from - in state or out.

You can drive to another state and buy them to your heart's content and then bring them back to MD, you can get them or give them as a gift, etc, as long as you're not in MD when the transfer happens.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Can't you see that these new posters are antis in disguise? No self-respecting gun owner calls them "clips"

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    If you order a "parts kit" and don't already own one to repair and use the parts to build one you're basically manufacturing.

Don't take chances. Are you willing to risk your right to own firearms for one 30rnd mag?

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Safest way I heard to do it was have it shipped to a friend or PO box across state lines, drive there, assemble it there, then drive back in to maryland.

0128shot

Jul 7, 2011
    Poolesville,MD
    Ok so now this is making me paranoid. I may or may not have just purchased 2 30 round magazines from 44mag.com that are going to be shipped to my maryland address, but I ordered them disassembled, and was planning on putting it together out of state at a buddies house. Is that not legal? Oh and im in MOCO if that makes a difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom