Success! HoCo residents say no to O'Malley's Gun Control!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    That's awesome. Wish I could have been there to see it!!! :thumbsup:

Any one know how we are looking for Tuesday's vote?

Looking at your avatar I couldn't resist posting this.

Even Slow Joe gets that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ai557DMaq0k

Joe Biden:

"Nothing we're going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring uh uh gun deaths down to a thousand a year from, from what it is now."

Armed Citizen

Jul 27, 2010
    Looking at your avatar I couldn't resist posting this.

Even Slow Joe gets that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ai557DMaq0k

Joe Biden:

"Nothing we're going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring uh uh gun deaths down to a thousand a year from, from what it is now."

Oh I know. They all know it won't do anything. They just want to show lip service....and take guns away of course.:sad20:

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Thanks for the post....my daughter and I both testified at this one as well. I liked the "read it in" chant that broke out after Turner was call on his email; then was forced to admit he DID say it as quoted, and that he meant what he said. Great job to everyone that showed up!

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Thanks for the post....my daughter and I both testified at this one as well. I liked the "read it in" chant that broke out after Turner was call on his email; then was forced to admit he DID say it as quoted, and that he meant what he said. Great job to everyone that showed up!

****'in politicians.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Even better was getting him admit on record he doesn't care what his constituents think he's going to vote how he feels like voting.

I'm pretty sure thats what most of them do these days. Sad! We need to remove the title of "Representative" cause they sure aren't representing any of us.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I'm pretty sure thats what most of them do these days. Sad! We need to remove the title of "Representative" cause they sure aren't representing any of us.

I'd have to go dig into MD's Constitution and Declaration of Rights but one of the two has an article he's in direct violation of. It states that Delegates are to remain impartial and use reliable information before forming and opinion to vote and listen to their constituents. Would be a hoot to sue his ass over that.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    I'd have to go dig into MD's Constitution and Declaration of Rights but one of the two has an article he's in direct violation of. It states that Delegates are to remain impartial and use reliable information before forming and opinion to vote and listen to their constituents. Would be a hoot to sue his ass over that.

Heck ... we could sue alot more than one ass over that! There are several that clearly dont give a rats patoot about what the people think and are merely voting on what THEY think is best for us.

Tell me where to look ... I dont mind doing a little research. That would be good material for testimony IMO ... if not verbal, certainly written but can you imagine making that point at the hearing???

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Watching someone commit political suicide, on the record, and in front of a room full of people...

Priceless. :)

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Great news!

All- i was on of the 40 that testified. I think I ruffled some feathers when I asked Robey and Turner if they would send their LEO children to people's home to confiscate citizens's arms...at any rate: mission accomplished! They heard us loud and clear!

About 40 residents speak out to county delegation about "military type" assault weapons ban

By Blair Ames, bames@tribune.com

Howard County residents Thursday urged their state delegation to say no to Gov. Martin O'Malley's gun control legislation, arguing that it punishes lawful gun owners.

Of the more than 100 residents who filled the Banneker Room inside the George Howard Building, in Ellicott City, about 40 residents testified against O'Malley's gun proposal during the two-hour public hearing.

Only two residents testified in favor.

More here:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/ellicott-city/ph-ho-cf-delegation-hearing-0214-20130208,0,6758551,print.story

Lets keep working we can beat these guys!

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    What we need to do soon is find a conservative democrat to mount a primary challenge against Turner. How do we get that ball rolling?

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD

Sorry for your luck, Legislators from my district (Kelly Shulz and Kathy Afzali) keep me appraised and ask for opinions. Of course they are both Republicans.:)

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Sorry for your luck, Legislators from my district (Kelly Shulz and Kathy Afzali) keep me appraised and ask for opinions. Of course they are both Republicans.:)

I get more love from a Senator that does not represent me (by district).
    Nancy Jacobs & her office continue to keep me in the loop on things that affect me state wide while I can not even get a response from any of my actual representatives. (Mikulski, Cardin, Cummings, Kittleman, Bates & Miller)
    Very sad indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom