• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I am relatively new to the area. I have settled into my new job and the family seems to have settled in as well. Now it is time to start blowing off some steam! Does anyone know of any decent ranges/ clubs? Preferably where I can bring my own ammo. I am in frederick county. Knoxville to be exact. Thanks in advance for the help!!

cowboys5time25

Dec 20, 2012
    Frederick
    340 defense might be closer to Knoxville, although its member only. cresap is not, and often crowded. if you want a nice indoor rang i recommend blue ridge arsenal. about an hour from Frederick.

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    There are also isaak Walton leagues in frederick, Hagerstown, mount airy and Damascus that are also options. Not to mention thurmont sportsman club and the monocacy pistol club next to cresap.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I drive by 340 Defense often and have looked into the place out of curiosity. It' s not "member only" according to their website.

There are a couple different membership fees depending on what you want, or you can pay $35, then an additional $20 to shoot for 1 hour there.

Last edited:

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I will likely check out Isaac Walton. I like the orientation towards kids characteristic (as I have 2 small children). Anyone have experience with the league?

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I will likely check out Isaac Walton. I like the orientation towards kids characteristic (as I have 2 small children). Anyone have experience with the league?
    I have taken a few NRA courses there and enjoyed all of them. They were taught by members and they all were friendly. I'm planning on joining soon.

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I have taken a few NRA courses there and enjoyed all of them. They were taught by members and they all were friendly. I'm planning on joining soon.

Shoot me a pm when you do. Ill likely join within the next couple of weeks so I can have full range privileges when msp decides to "not disapprove" my two new toys.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Peacemaker national training centering glengary, we. About an hour from Frederick, $15/day and can sHoot from 50-300 yards.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Frederick IWLA is good people. GREAT kids program.
    To use the range you must be a RSO or supervised by one and have attended the Range Safety Briefing.
    These are held quarterly.

I am a member there and enjoy the classes and range very much.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom