• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noone

Jul 3, 2011
    I went to Walmart today and saw they had a load of Perfecta ammo on the shelves in many different calibers. Has anyone tried this ammo? They had 9mm, 40s&w, 223, 308 and 45acp. I bought a box of the 308 to try I couldn't pass it up at $6.94 a 20 round box, for 147 grain fmj bullet. I opened the box and the ammo is very clean but that doesn't mean it shoots well. i had tried some Magtech crom cabelas once and my extractor kept tearing the lip off and the shell would remain in the chamber. It was weak brass.
    Thought you might like to try some so thought I would pass the word, like I said 7 bucks a box you can't hardly go wrong enless it doesn't go bang.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The last time I went to the range, the guys next to me were running Perfecta out of their guns. They had no problems with the ammunition. I, however, have problems with the brass, since most of it had off-center flash holes.

Ampm24-7

Jan 31, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    I like the Perfecta .308. It performs as well as ZQ1 out of my M1A Scout. I plan to keep grabbing both from Wally mart. Can't beat the entertainment value, too! Always a shopper or two that seem to have defied Darwin's theory, somehow.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    SGAmmo has 50 round boxes of 9mm Federal HST 124 grain JHP LE Ammo (P9HST1) for $24.95 a box. Is this a good price or should I pass and wait? I need some JHP ammo for home defense. Thanks.

Cal68

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    SGAmmo has 50 round boxes of 9mm Federal HST 124 grain JHP LE Ammo (P9HST1) for $24.95 a box. Is this a good price or should I pass and wait? I need some JHP ammo for home defense. Thanks.

Cal68

That's about as good a price as I've seen in a year or two for that and the +p 147. They also have some Hi-Shok, Magtech JHP, and a subsonic Remington 147 hollow point for around $16 per box. Very tempting!

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    That's about as good a price as I've seen in a year or two for that and the +p 147. They also have some Hi-Shok, Magtech JHP, and a subsonic Remington 147 hollow point for around $16 per box. Very tempting!

i was looking at the magtech JHPs as well, but I have never seen them, never mind fired them.

anyone have any experience with them? is it worth the cost savings over the federal HST or the gold dots?

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I have Magtech Gold JHPs in 9mm and they fire fine out of my Sig SP2022 with no issues, even when it was brand new.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

Thanks for the tip. I think that I will order a few hundred rounds so that I can test fire them from my Sig 9mm before consider them suitable for use in home defense.

I may order a couple of boxes of the Magtech JHP as well.

Cal68

Fusky

Jul 29, 2015
    Germantown
    Looking for a good source for 9mm ammo. It seems that when you factor in shipping costs, most online sources aren't cheaper than any LGS.

cdegroat20

Feb 23, 2016
    I was just at Dicks Sporting goods in Gambrels MD near Crofton and they have a lot of 22LR I just left out of there at 3:30pm 4/16/16

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom