• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why can't the anti-2A people understand the most basic concept...that a criminal simply doesn't care about laws. That's why they are criminals.

Because gun control isn't about public safety. It never has been and never will be...It's simply about control. Progressive liberals don't give a rat's ass about statistics, how an armed society is a polite society or how firearms are used to stop crimes millions of times each year. It's about their ability to press their agenda and take away your freedom...and they know they cannot be successful until they disarm you.

And from what I have read on these forums there are still a great number of people here that do not understand this...You will NEVER be able to convince these gun grabbing liberals to change their minds...that is the chief reason that petitions, letter writing, phone calls and rallies in Annapolis will never work to get what you want...there are 3 choices...find a way to put non liberals into the legislature (doubtful the way Owe Malley gerrymandered the districts) Move out of the state (many already have) or civil unrest...(as a last resort, but it will never happen)...MSI and others are beating their heads against a brick wall...it's not going to happen....not ever...

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I just spoke with Councilman Calvin Ball's admin and told her that unless metal detectors and armed guards are a requirement of this proposed legislation then this is just more FEEL GOOD legislation that they can send out an email blast for.

The only thing a metal detector guarantees is that the first one shot by someone bent on bringing a gun into a building to kill people, is the person manning the metal detector.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    [FONT=&quot]“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.” - Adolf Hitler[/FONT]

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Marte616: We need exact time and address info. Helps attendance because digging through govt posts to find this info is a pain, especially for out of county participants like me.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    COUNTY COUNCIL: Legislative Public Hearing
    Start Date/Time:
    Monday, March 16, 2015 7:30 PM
    Banneker Room,
    George Howard Building
    3430 Courthouse Drive
    Ellicott City 21043

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    All right, let's see a good turnout for tonight folks. I don't even live in Howard county and I'm showing up to be counted and to fly the flag.

And remember, it's always great to meet your fellow MDS members in person… So there's a nice social aspect to it. (One of the highlights of my week was meeting RoadDawg in person for the first time at Timonium. He's a great dude, which always seems to be the case when I meet online folks in person.)

I look forward to seeing everybody there who can make it.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    All right, let's see a good turnout for tonight folks. I don't even live in Howard county and I'm showing up to be counted and to fly the flag.

And remember, it's always great to meet your fellow MDS members in person… So there's a nice social aspect to it. (One of the highlights of my week was meeting RoadDawg in person for the first time at Timonium. He's a great dude, which always seems to be the case when I meet online folks in person.)

I look forward to seeing everybody there who can make it.

Well, I showed up along with about 5 others testified AGAINST the bill. I think everyone did an excellent job, but I am my biggest critic (and did not have a script) so I hope I did ok. I opened it by telling them how safe I felt in the people's house, but how hypocritical it was for our elected officials to surround themselves with tax-payer funded security while the rest of us were left off to fend by ourselves. They all were shocked, except Fox, whom I swear was giggling) :party29:

I kept it personal, telling them how many times I was in situations where I needed a gun but did not have one, times when I was sot at or someone tried to stab me, and I wish I had a gun on me, or someone near me had one. Then I told them about the time I was parking my Harley at the mall with the wifey and almost got jumped by two subjects, whom upon seeing me unzip my jacket and going for my sidearm, quickly retreated. Dr. Ball fell back on this sit and shook his head in frustration as if admitting I totally disarmed any argument the Anti's have against self-defense or guns.

Finally, I told them that I could not believe that anyone would relinquish their right top defend themselves, and that I was not about to surrender it and die like a dog in a deadly situation. I told them that the bill only disarmed people like me, one of us whom could even save their lives in an active shooter situation should the shooter disabled the HoCo policeman in the entrance and went inside the hearing room. Again, Fox was giggling the entire time.

Finally, Jeff Underwood came in and testified. Say what you want about the guy, but he provided (IMHO) a great testimony, laying out this qualifications, and providing facts and stats that certainly impressed the council. Just my $.02. But I digress.:popcorn:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Great to see Marte616, T-ball, and Pbharvey. Great to see that our testimony picked out different parts of their stupid plan to focus on.

I was last and I decided to challenge the county council to rethink their plan to exclude CCW permit holders as "being just like at the Statehouse". The Statehouse has TSA-style security and that is a totally different security environment. With the exception of the lone Republican on the board, they did not address A TOTALLY UNSECURED ENVIRONMENT WITH CCW HOLDERS EXCLUDED. Just dumb.

For good measure I raised the Lone Wolf (ISIS) issue with pubic gatherings in enclosed spaces--hmmmm, like maybe County Council chamber?

On a side note: The county Republican Chairwoman testifying was rapped on the shoulder by an ANTI wielding a rolled up paper, muttering about shooters and guns as the Chairwoman made her way back to her seat. After the meeting she read him the riot act. It's just insane that ANTI's who only want to to testify about the "feelings" would do something so emotionally (and legally) inappropriate. I wish she could have gotten him charged with an assault. It would have been quite a headline.

They're just nuts but the only hope appears to be to outbreed them? What? Oh yeah...I forgot...

cpschultz

Mar 16, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    Thanks

Just wanted to say thank you to those who showed up. I just registered on MD Shooters today and found the link about the hearing a wee late to be of any use. I will say that now that I am starting to take a more active role in my "new" community I am glad to see like minded individuals around. Hope to meet you all in the future.

Thanks again

Chris

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Great to see Marte616, T-ball, and Pbharvey. Great to see that our testimony picked out different parts of their stupid plan to focus on.

I was last and I decided to challenge the county council to rethink their plan to exclude CCW permit holders as "being just like at the Statehouse". The Statehouse has TSA-style security and that is a totally different security environment. With the exception of the lone Republican on the board, they did not address A TOTALLY UNSECURED ENVIRONMENT WITH CCW HOLDERS EXCLUDED. Just dumb.

For good measure I raised the Lone Wolf (ISIS) issue with pubic gatherings in enclosed spaces--hmmmm, like maybe County Council chamber?

On a side note: The county Republican Chairwoman testifying was rapped on the shoulder by an ANTI wielding a rolled up paper, muttering about shooters and guns as the Chairwoman made her way back to her seat. After the meeting she read him the riot act. It's just insane that ANTI's who only want to to testify about the "feelings" would do something so emotionally (and legally) inappropriate. I wish she could have gotten him charged with an assault. It would have been quite a headline.

They're just nuts but the only hope appears to be to outbreed them? What? Oh yeah...I forgot...

Over time, natural selection tends to work. Thing is, the world has not seen tough times in quite a while. Something will eventually come along that only allows the strongest to move on.

Glad you guys went and testified on this. Sorry I could not make it, but I have a ton of things pulling me in every direction right now and I am exhausted.

As far as Fox is concerned, I'm not a fan of his. He is in my district and I have written him on a couple of occasions. However, I have yet to receive a response on anything. Unlike my state reps that have responded to almost everything. Only problem this past election was that I actually spoke to Alan Schneider and his view on the 2nd Amendment was terrible. As soon as he said, "Well, you wouldn't want people owning an Uzi now would you?" came out of his mouth, he lost me because I want to be able to buy an Uzi and more, just a brand new one and not something that is pre 86 and ridiculously expensive. Anyway, I digress.

My wife is putting together a vacation this summer for us on the eastern shore. I might never come back. Between this crap and what I am seeing from the board of education, it is going to take a hope and a prayer to get through another 16 years here and get my kids through grade school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom