• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Nobody reads the newspaper. Everybody drives past billboards.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I like the passion, but remember we have friends on the committee - its really just Zirkin being controlled like a puppet by Mike. Well, I suppose we can throw Brochin under the bus as well, but Zirkin schedules the vote.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    "Bobby Zirkin doesn't think your fundamental right to self-defense is good and substantial
    Let him know otherwise by holding him accountable for failing to allow a vote on SB100.
    (410) 841-3131, (301) 858-3131, 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3131 (toll free)
    or just email Bobby @ bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us"[/QUOTE]

IMHO, you have it worded wrong. No mention of women, children, safety, or common sense.

"Bobby Zirkin thinks rich elite bankers are more important than your children and women shouldn't be able to protect themselves from predators"

No guns, no concealed carry.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    You did. Frosh submitted the bill, and then performed surgery on it right there in his committee. IIRC, it went from one feature to two feature, thumbhole stocks got removed as a banned feature, and the infamous transportation clause got clarified to not be horrible. It was something of a surprise to everyone at the time, believe me.

You want to call me out? Two can play that game.

That's your usual MO, isn't it? Claim that you've got secret squirrel knowledge that none of the rest of us have, and therefore we're wrong because only you know the truth. I know I'm not the only person on this board who's getting tired of your "I always know the real story" BS, mostly because you've never once revealed "the real story".

By all means, cover "what actually happened" here, because I think you have no idea what you're talking about. You're going to spout off some rah-rah crap about the protests, the emails, the testimony, whatever. It'll make everyone feel good, but it will be obscuring the truth of the simple fact that our enemies were the ones who changed that bill on their own terms for their own reasons, and were at best indirectly influenced by MSI's campaign against the bill.

Never said otherwise. I am saying that Frosh himself gutted that bill to start with, and do you think he personally cared about all of those protests, beyond what was going to be necessary to pass it. And that's the key here: the changes were made to pass it, not to kill it. That's not us being in the driver's seat, that's us being the poor bastards in the back getting taken along for the ride.

MAKING A LOT OF NOISE IS NOT THE SAME AS MAKING A LOT OF PROGRESS.

Do you have any evidence that the aforementioned bill changes were what Frosh and company wanted? I am not seeing why they would want to ban/restrict fewer firearms.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I know I am jumping in to the fray right in the middle but I have to agree with you here erwos. Year after year I've seen this base get fired up, testify, email, call, and assemble only to be either a) hosed by Annapolis or b) reach a draw with Annapolis. We never seem to move forward despite all of the effort put forth. I have a hard time even getting excited anymore when the CCW bill is heard each year because, year after year, they simply ignore it.

We all thought we had finally achieved victory when the Wollard decision came down but the appeals court and SCOTUS finished that off. The only way I see us ever having our rights restored in this state is to somehow pull off a mass cultural shift to the right which will, in turn, shift Annapolis to the right. The Libs down there just don't give a damn about us despite everyone's best efforts to make it clear that we are here to stay and fight their attempts to seize even more of our rights.

That could be!

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here and I applaud all who make an effort. But how many years has this community repeated this same process and gotten nowhere? Maybe it will bear fruit one day but you can't blame folks for getting frustrated.

IMO, the democrats still hold too much of a majority in the House and Senate here in MD. Until that changes, or their party reverses course on their firearms views, I would not expect any major changes. That said, I still see benefit in trying to educate people about firearms and working to change their opinions.

Last edited:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    In principle, it would be nice to see more of the Maryland electorate support 2A. If opinions changed generally, there's no real reason 2A would have to be a partisan issue. Not sure what that path looks like, though.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Let's not fight amongst ourselves.

If y'all want to know who the real enemy is: Zirkin ran unopposed... as did a lot of Democrats. That is just one example. Delegates need to fear the voters more than M&M.
    :thumbsup:

In principle, it would be nice to see more of the Maryland electorate support 2A. If opinions changed generally, there's no real reason 2A would have to be a partisan issue. Not sure what that path looks like, though.

Agreed. The democrats in MD seem to love the anti-gun stuff. I am not sure why...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Anyone can buy ad space in any newspaper, have at it. Too much information and too small print has the average reader skip over it. Keep it to the point and eye catching. Half page ads in more papers might get the word out farther.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    IMO, the democrats still hold too much of a majority in the House and Senate here in MD. Until that changes, or their party reverses course on their firearms views, I would not expect any major changes. That said, I still see benefit in trying to educate people about firearms and work to change their opinions.

horse_lead.gif

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    <snip>[horse to water image]

Can feel that way at times. Then again, you occasionally get through to someone...like Jack M from MSP. It is frustrating that things don't progress faster. Putting up billboards is a good idea. Time to work on fundraisers to make it happen?

Anyway...back to bill status (the topic of this thread):
    SB0781 - in Senate Judicial proceedings committee today. No word yet on what happened.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I think it's a losing battle if I decide to try and change this by myself . if we work together we can do this.

My thoughts on this battle can be put like this

How did George Washington feel at Valley Forge (a seasoned military officer) looking at his rag tag troops in front of him

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think it's a losing battle if I decide to try and change this by myself . if we work together we can do this.

My thoughts on this battle can be put like this

How did George Washington feel at Valley Forge (a seasoned military officer) looking at his rag tag troops in front of him

At least Washington was not partaking in a "velvet" revolution.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I like the passion, but remember we have friends on the committee - its really just Zirkin being controlled like a puppet by Mike. Well, I suppose we can throw Brochin under the bus as well, but Zirkin schedules the vote.

Sent another comment to the four musketeers earlier today. No response, of course.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks. I will not stop until we rejoin America, even if we have to drag committee chairs kicking and screaming.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned moving to a free state as I've seen in similar threads, I think there's more hope, maybe? Test SD as G&S, I bet it's slightly different somehow.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Thanks. I will not stop until we rejoin America, even if we have to drag committee chairs kicking and screaming.

Drag them kicking and screaming and if they still won't play ball, replace them next election. I'd replace Zirkin with a ham sandwich if it'd help end the desk drawer veto. At first glance, it doesn't seem like a targeted effort at replacing an individual should be that hard, particularly for the state senate. Even Mike Miller won this last election by less than 11,500 votes. Zirkin has been completely unopposed the last two election cycles (primary and general!). Letting these guys moonwalk into office is a mistake and not just for us. It breeds the kind of complacency that lends itself readily to sloppy, lazy work and even to corruption. It'd flat unhealthy for our form of government.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Which Mike? I should know but plead ignorance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom