• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jti424

Dec 29, 2013
    Most never charged to begin with...

I have not bought a handgun via the internet but every LGS I quoted charged for transfer, cable lock, and spent shell casing?

Only for new guns however, that is why it was cheaper to transfer a used gun.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    My CZ 75 SP-01 didn't come with a casing, but I knew it beforehand and had it transferred at Arthur's Shooter's Supply in Berlin, MD (he's a type 07 FFL and he offers spent shell casings for like $15 I think). Not that it was a huge deal, but it was a big waste of time for something that's so stupid and although I only paid $15 I know that's crazy low. I wasn't aware about this legislation but I sincerely thank the people who got it through the legislative system, this is great.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    There was no back room dealing going on here for this to get through. This was sponsored by my Delegate and he pushed this as a purely economical issue and kept away from the 2A issue of things. With Hogan having a huge budget push, this allowed the other side to look at it a different way. I don't care how it was done, but it was done and it's a win for us.

Now somebody should tell them that with a $120 CCW permit fee and liberal issuance of non-resident permits, the state could make a bundle.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Now somebody should tell them that with a $120 CCW permit fee and liberal issuance of non-resident permits, the state could make a bundle.

They don't give a shit. Sorry to be blunt. These are the same people who chased Beretta out of the state.

That's an arguement we use on Hogan and the Republicans. The leadership that chased Beretta out of the state aren't going to be happy about getting money for permits.

What we need to do is find people who have used guns in self defense, or been victims of crime. It's so easy for Annapolis to dismiss a bunch of white guys ranting about "what if's" and rambling off quotes.

Let's get 100 women who used guns to prevent rape. Let's let the Democrats, the Warriors of Women's Rights, tell those women that they would rather they be raped than carry a gun in MD.

Boom. Then bring in 100 gays who used guns to prevent gay bashing. Let's let the Democrats, the Heros of LGBT rights, tell them that it's better to get gay bashed than carry a gun.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Let's get 100 women who used guns to prevent rape. Let's let the Democrats, the Warriors of Women's Rights, tell those women that they would rather they be raped than carry a gun in MD.

Boom. Then bring in 100 gays who used guns to prevent gay bashing. Let's let the Democrats, the Heros of LGBT rights, tell them that it's better to get gay bashed than carry a gun.

That'll be difficult to achieve as long as a place like MDS has a tasteless 'guns and girls' thread and gay-bashing (and often racism) are tolerated components of many threads.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Perhaps Colonel Clink (Glendening) and the Kennedy Kunt (Townsend) should be sued for the wasted monies their ******** law created.

Thinking back to when it all started, was the shell casing provision added as part of Y2000 SB211? Been fighting to repeal this Glendenning nonsense for 15 long years. :sad20:

But... Sarah Brady is probably spinning in her grave.

Let her spin in her grave, two-faced bitch.

As others have already noted, nothing flies through like this unless the fix is in. I'd like to know what arrangement was made to make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here...........

There was no back room dealing going on here for this to get through. This was sponsored by my Delegate and he pushed this as a purely economical issue and kept away from the 2A issue of things. With Hogan having a huge budget push, this allowed the other side to look at it a different way. I don't care how it was done, but it was done and it's a win for us.

MXrider and others, don't take my post the wrong way, keep an open mind and think about what I post below.

Your 1st sentence states there was "no back room dealing going on here for this to get through". Your last sentence states, "I don't care how it was done,.......". This sorta' makes me think you're not sure of your first sentence. I gotta' go with Hollywood Ball's quote above on this one until proven otherwise. How do you know that "self defense" being placed into G&S was slated to be never be allowed by Hogan and/or there will be no repeal of the happy gun ban promised by Hogan to get this minor (incidental by budget) win??? I do suspect something was done behind the scenes to get this bill to PASS BY LANDSLIDE MEASURES (very suspicious) and most likely it had very little to nothing to do with us or our efforts. By the vote count on this subject, I'm smellin' a rotten turd in there somewhere.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    They don't give a shit. Sorry to be blunt. These are the same people who chased Beretta out of the state.

That's an arguement we use on Hogan and the Republicans. The leadership that chased Beretta out of the state aren't going to be happy about getting money for permits.

What we need to do is find people who have used guns in self defense, or been victims of crime. It's so easy for Annapolis to dismiss a bunch of white guys ranting about "what if's" and rambling off quotes.

The issue is that you can't find those people in MD generally since they don't have the carry permits to protect themselves from those scenarios in the first place.

I'd rather give money to the Pink Pistols rather than the NRA. That's how we're going to win long term.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Everybody is hootin and hollerin about the big win of getting the spent shell casing requirement repealed.
    It's a sad day when we consider that a major victory for our 2A rights. A token at best.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Everybody is hootin and hollerin about the big win of getting the spent shell casing requirement repealed.
    It's a sad day when we consider that a major victory for our 2A rights. A token at best.

What's sadder is folks not recognizing the alternatives... Don't mean to brow-beat, but you gotta take what you can get.

We have at least 2 more full regular sessions with this current administration and legislature. We have more room to work with than when Ehrlich was governor and there has never been more 2A advocates active in MD than today.

This is but a piece, but it's a piece we wouldn't have without this current legislature and governor.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

gotta start somewhere!

sounds like some people will not be satisfied until we have constitutional carry and cash n' carry machine guns :rolleye12

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Incidentally, no one elses said it so I will: MSI and its partners worked very hard to get this repealed. Even keeping this off the radar from big mouths. :innocent0

I hope everyone redirects that $15 fee to fight the HQL.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The issue is that you can't find those people in MD generally since they don't have the carry permits to protect themselves from those scenarios in the first place.

I'd rather give money to the Pink Pistols rather than the NRA. That's how we're going to win long term.

We may have to look at bringing them here to tell their story.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Let her spin in her grave, two-faced bitch.

Same here...........

MXrider and others, don't take my post the wrong way, keep an open mind and think about what I post below.

Your 1st sentence states there was "no back room dealing going on here for this to get through". Your last sentence states, "I don't care how it was done,.......". This sorta' makes me think you're not sure of your first sentence. I gotta' go with Hollywood Ball's quote above on this one until proven otherwise. How do you know that "self defense" being placed into G&S was slated to be never be allowed by Hogan and/or there will be no repeal of the happy gun ban promised by Hogan to get this minor (incidental by budget) win??? I do suspect something was done behind the scenes to get this bill to PASS BY LANDSLIDE MEASURES (very suspicious) and most likely it had very little to nothing to do with us or our efforts. By the vote count on this subject, I'm smellin' a rotten turd in there somewhere.

Understood completely. Let me clarify a little. I was referencing that the bill passed with a focus on budget, not gun rights. That's the part i was speaking about that i didn't care how it was passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom