• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Sometimes I get crazy ideas so here's one:

After things die down a bit what if we put together a nice flyer and distributed them door-to-door downtown? We could focus on shop keepers first.

We could inform the local populous about their rights (or lack thereof) to defend themselves, what their options are, and how to help change the system.

Stupid idea?

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I really wish we had statistics on what ad campaigns or rationale actually converted people. I think we could make a lot of progress if we took this as a mathematical/advertising thing rather than just putting out a flier that we think would work and hoping for the best.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I really like this idea. This is the perfect time and it shouldn't go wasted. If a flyer is going to be done, we should start thinking of some bullet points that will grab peoples attention.
    * Contact MSI and we can help
    * You have a right to defend your property
    * Baltimore is one of the most dangerous cities in America

Maybe there are some stores or ranges that will give discounted training or shooting opportunities?

Just throwing things out there and seeing what sticks. Willing to help where I can.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Why re-invent the wheel?

With all the talk of civil rights at the moment, the current slogan of "Self-defense is a civil right" stands out.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Make education part of it, The HQL, the time and cost to get the training, as well as the location (none in the city), time and cost for fingerprints, cost for the HQL and requirement to have either a CC, Debit card, or other form of plastic payment, as well as the need to have access to the internet to make the application.

Then with 21-28 days to get the HQL after the application is made.

Then a 7 day wait for the actual purchase of the handgun.

Radio, billboards, and newspaper for the widest reach, but for pinpoint, walking the streets and handing out flyers to the businesses might work.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Make education part of it, The HQL, the time and cost to get the training, as well as the location (none in the city), time and cost for fingerprints, cost for the HQL and requirement to have either a CC, Debit card, or other form of plastic payment, as well as the need to have access to the internet to make the application.

Then with 21-28 days to get the HQL after the application is made.

Then a 7 day wait for the actual purchase of the handgun.

Radio, billboards, and newspaper for the widest reach, but for pinpoint, walking the streets and handing out flyers to the businesses might work.

Talking point?

The state legislature is clearly oppressing / targeting the inner city folks who we know are too poor to obtain credit cards, computers, and most do not have internet access in their homes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom