• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Sorry, didn't see others had already answered that.

I'll just leave this here for now:

images

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I feel like we need an MDS drinking game.

-Take a drink when someone rips on Hogan
    -Take two drinks when someone defends Hogan
    -Finish your drink when someone accuses Hogan of hating the 2nd Amendment

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If you took two drinks every time someone defended Hogan you'd be falling down drunk in about an hour flat.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    At the expense of continuing the thread, I'll just say that I look at this way. I'm more happy that changes that could have been made against us with brown in office will not happen.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    We went through the same bs with Ehrlich. Give me time, as time ticked away it became wait until my 2nd term.

The AG issues opinions, they do not make decrees. MSP can make the change. The AG can challenge it. And finally a judge would decide. There is no current opinion I am aware of stating that MSP doesn't have this authority.

There really isn't crap we can do until either someone sues and SCOTUS takes it and decides or we actually get something out of the legislature, neither of which is likely. Right now pray that we get anew actual conservative president.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    As much as g&s needs removed our state has many pressing issues. Our new Governor is chipping away, gaining support and I truly believe with what goes on in the city and schools etc. he is waiting for the right time to pop the seal on that can of whoop ass. Did anyone believe this state would change overnight with the election of Hogan? We have three more years. Keep plugging away. Give all your support and maybe just maybe!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    We went through the same bs with Ehrlich. Give me time, as time ticked away it became wait until my 2nd term.

The AG issues opinions, they do not make decrees. MSP can make the change. The AG can challenge it. And finally a judge would decide. There is no current opinion I am aware of stating that MSP doesn't have this authority.

There really isn't crap we can do until either someone sues and SCOTUS takes it and decides or we actually get something out of the legislature, neither of which is likely. Right now pray that we get anew actual conservative president.

don't mention getting erliched or you will get spanked around here.

most here don't remember.

time does matter.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009

Difference was that Ehrlich actually had a better shot at a second term.....

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Difference was that Ehrlich actually had a better shot at a second term.....

You actually think Hogan stands less of a chance than Ehrlich did? You think Lex Luthor isn't going to get a second term? For shame...

In case it isn't coming across properly, I doubt that even the Democratic machine in MD is going to have success mounting a serious campaign against a man who we can only hope will wallop cancer's ass while having a record longer than your arm to show all the tangible ways that our fair state has improved during his tenure. Going negative against a (hopefully soon to be) cancer survivor isn't likely to fly.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I will say I was at a Republican booth at the AACO fair and someone from the dems booth walked over and asked the people there how Hogan was doing and then said that they hope he comes through ok because they thought he was doing a great job. This was someone actually volunteering at the dems booth. I am hopeful for a 2nd term, but he better start making his promises to the 2a community materialize.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I haven't seen him overtly rock the boat on anything controversial and I can't imagine that he's going to start anytime soon. Not saying that he's not doing good work, he's changing a ton, but he doesn't seem too interested in the political policy side of being governor. In my opinion, that's why he'll get a second term and why he'll be VP in a few years. Especially if Christie ever wins.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I see BGOS is still alive and well. If Hogan continues doing what he's been doing the last 9 months, he'll win term two in a landslide. The people love him. They think he did great with the riots. They like the decrease in tolls. He closed the city jail. On and on. He's kicking butt.

The anti-gun sentiment among the people of MD is really not that strong. It's mainly the politicians who buy into the narrative. Don't you all remember the testimony before SB281? If the anti-gun sentiment were that great, wouldn't we have seen more people come out and testify in favor?

I can't tell you how many left-leaning people I know who don't have a problem with guns, even if they don't own one themselves. Back when we had the riots I had so many people contacting me about purchasing their first.

Whenever a gun crime is brought up on any of the news sites on Facebook, you'll find very few anti-gun comments. And whenever anyone talks about shall issue, that comment usually has the most likes.

I'd venture to say 25% of the country is actually anti-gun, and a similar percentage would apply in Maryland. Of course if you poll people and ask them where they side, you may see a greater percentage favor gun control, but these people don't have strong opinions on the matter. They don't understand the issue and they aren't pro-gun, so they'll choose the anti-gun option, but if they were educated on the issue they probably would side with us. I've spoken with many people who were like this. When I educated them on the actual law they switched their tune. They were just ignorant.

All of the above is why I laugh when people say shall issue in MD would be rocking the boat. I don't think so. The media might hype it, and obviously there would be a backlash within the political establishment, but I doubt the people would buy it. Just like they didn't buy it when Anthony Brown tried to smear Hogan during the last campaign.

Quite honestly, especially after all of the rioting, I'm a lot more optimistic about getting shall issue through the legislature at some point in the future than I've ever been before. Pending the outcome of Kolbe and the fact that the murder rate in Baltimore has increased so dramatically this year, there could be somewhat of a shakeup in Annapolis.

At least I can hope.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I will say I was at a Republican booth at the AACO fair and someone from the dems booth walked over and asked the people there how Hogan was doing and then said that they hope he comes through ok because they thought he was doing a great job. This was someone actually volunteering at the dems booth. I am hopeful for a 2nd term, but he better start making his promises to the 2a community materialize.

What promises? Only thing I heard him say was there would be no changes to Marylands 2A laws..........

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't get on here as much as I used to but I swear the message to all of us was that Hogan was on our side regarding reforming the "good & substantial" clause for concealed carry. Word was he would strike that clause after the general assembly finished up in year one. He would appoint a CC friendly State Police superintendent. We would have defacto shall-carry buy eliminating that G&S requirement and Hogan wouldn't need the general assembly to do it.

So, where is it??? Have I missed anything? Has the Governor spoken about this? If he can do this without a GA vote why hasn't he done this? Was he just telling us what we wanted to hear, or is there a plan to do this at some point. I love this Governor but I am more than a little disappointed at the lack of movement on this issue :mad54:

Huh? I don't remember him saying anything like that during his campaign. I remember him saying something more like the gun laws that exist are passed laws and he will fully enforce them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom