• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Master_P

May 27, 2015
    What is the legal weight of a "Commonwealth Court"; Is it like a federal District Court or a state Supreme Court?

Can it be used to demonstrate a split?
    My understanding is that it's comparable to a state district court.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    This case is part of the NRA strategy. There is a great YouTube documentary: "guns in Puerto Rico". You should all watch it. I testified about my island in Annapolis a couple of years ago. PR has the strictest laws on the books if any US jurisdiction. Full field investigation is opened, background checks, interviews with spouse, neighbors, supervisors, etc. Just to take it home. Carry is a new application. Can't buy AWs unless collector. Can only buy bullets for calibers if guns you owns as per police registration database, and only a box if 50, unless you have a target license, and you can buy 200 at a time. No gun shows, and only a handful of dealers. No private sales. Yet, over 1.5M ILLEGAL guns (way underestimated) mostly true AW's (full auto AK's, Uzi, Mac 10, etc) in the street. 94% murder-by-gun rate makes it #1 in the world, as per the UN. An island, remember? No one can buy at the next state using gun show loophole and just drive them in.

Corpsegrinder

Jul 14, 2013
    This case is part of the NRA strategy. There is a great YouTube documentary: "guns in Puerto Rico". You should all watch it. I testified about my island in Annapolis a couple of years ago. PR has the strictest laws on the books if any US jurisdiction. Full field investigation is opened, background checks, interviews with spouse, neighbors, supervisors, etc. Just to take it home. Carry is a new application. Can't buy AWs unless collector. Can only buy bullets for calibers if guns you owns as per police registration database, and only a box if 50, unless you have a target license, and you can buy 200 at a time. No gun shows, and only a handful of dealers. No private sales. Yet, over 1.5M ILLEGAL guns (way underestimated) mostly true AW's (full auto AK's, Uzi, Mac 10, etc) in the street. 94% murder-by-gun rate makes it #1 in the world, as per the UN. An island, remember? No one can buy at the next state using gun show loophole and just drive them in.
    I agree with you marte616. I was born and raised in the island and my dad was a PR state police officer for 30 years. Some of the stories he told me were unbelievable.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I agree with you marte616. I was born and raised in the island and my dad was a PR state police officer for 30 years. Some of the stories he told me were unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSgFt9l68sA
    Forward to 4:40 and watch. Poor tradecraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOK0jd330Bg

U/C/ agent killed by suspected corrupt cops.

MUST WATCH:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47gxjk6U5CQ

Published on Jan 6, 2015
    At 91 per cent, Puerto Rico has the world’s highest overall percentage of homicides by firearms. But this statistic hasn’t stopped the NRA from setting up shop, establishing their 51st chapter in Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico’s sky-high murder rates and extremely strict gun laws have only encouraged the association to fight for their constitutional rights, and arm the island with more and more guns. In 2014 alone, gun permit applications doubled, possession of guns tripled, and licenses for shooting ranges quadrupled the previous year's numbers.

Vice News traveled to Puerto Rico to look at the rising tide of firearms that are changing the commonwealth and the culture. We met up with street thugs, the Puerto Rican SWAT team, pro-gun advocates, a gun control politician, and a women’s gun group, to find out how the NRA’s 51st and newest testing ground is working out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom