• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    So. standard Republican leadership. Say "Wish things were different but nothing can ever be done to roll back Liberal progress. They'll just be back in power soon" As Monte' county goes, so goes the state.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I'm not much of a FB user, but I can only see the first 5 comments (even after expanding it) and nothing on the subject of our interest.

Yeah, it says there's 24 comments but no matter what I do I can only see 5 comments plus my own comment.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    And of course, the 5 you can see are very favorable. Can they filter it that way?

Yeah, if they have a post marked as hidden it's only visible to the person who wrote the post as well as that person's friends. If that's what's happening then someone in the governor's office is moderating so at least *someone* is reading our complaints.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Yeah, if they have a post marked as hidden it's only visible to the person who wrote the post as well as that person's friends. If that's what's happening then someone in the governor's office is moderating so at least *someone* is reading our complaints.

And as a result, they are only showing us what they want us to see - the positive stuff.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    That's 100% what's going on. Posts are hidden by default, which means that only you and your Facebook friends can see your comment. If they choose to unhide your comment it is visible to everyone and they're only unhiding praise for Hogan. There's active moderators though so someone in the governor's office is definitely reading all comments and unhiding only the positive ones.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    See how long my comment stays up. I called into question about the 95% that Hogan said. I put down that Hogan was being lied to by MSP about that 95% of ccw being approved. Also told them how I was told on the phone by MSP I would not be approved , they do not consider being disabled and i cant run or fight very well as a good enough G&S reason to get one.. Was told twice dont even bother to try to apply you will NOT get it!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you Dan for questioning what we all know to be a complete distortion of reality. I like Hogan, but statements like that show how little he really understands about what is going on right under his own nose, and makes me really question who at MSP or Licensing is spoon feeding him that garbage.

C4 told him that carry permits are the second most called about issue on his show (right behind Freddie), and then Hogan immediately alienates them spewing a statement laced with what everyone knows it total ********. He can't possibly believe its true, so it makes it all the more disingenuous. Can you say CityStat or StateSTAT boys and girls? I know you can. Very disappointing from a guy I really try to support - making it harder every day.

Thank you, for the support.

The numbers that MSP provides are as follows:

How many applications have been received 2015 year to date?
    As of 12/5/15 - 6,655

How many of those received were renewals?
    As of 12/5/15 - 4,004 (Original apps - 2,651)

How many so far have been approved?
    As of 12/5/15 - 6,280

What is the total number of concealed carry applications issued year to date 2015?
    Same as above - 6,280

Number of denials
    As of 12/5/15 - 375

That is a 94% approval rating.

So, it's time to jack up the numbers with application submittals. After all, the Governor said applications have gotten easier since his administration came in, on the radio, so it must be true.

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    If you consider the LEO, judges, Drs, etc.. that get a CCW then I could believe 95%. Seems more like 25% IMO. Smh. I applying after this weekend. My G&S is nothing more than my clearance. We will see what happens

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

Attachments

• oops.jpg
      oops.jpg
      29.3 KB · Views: 201

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    my post has made it to 3 minutes!!!!

Everyone can see their own posts fine, but no one but your Facebook friends can see your post.

What bothers me is the comment about the Maryland Health Exchange that's public. Obviously they're allowing comments about other political issues, but they're trying to silence us. This is active anti-CCW moderation, plain and simple. Hogan isn't going to do anything for us, he has written us off.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I sent C4 a facebook private message urging them to have the president of MSI on his show to shed the reality of the process. I recived this response

We will reach out to them after the new year (c4 goes on vacation soon)
    thanks i apprecaite it

Maybe they will, maybe MSI should insist..

Already got the invite, thank you for beating me to the suggestion.

I will post more information as I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom