• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And of course, the 5 you can see are very favorable. Can they filter it that way?

Yep, they hide the unfavorable comments so that only the posted and the page owner can see them.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Thank you, for the support.

The numbers that MSP provides are as follows:

How many applications have been received 2015 year to date?
    As of 12/5/15 - 6,655

How many of those received were renewals?
    As of 12/5/15 - 4,004 (Original apps - 2,651)

How many so far have been approved?
    As of 12/5/15 - 6,280

What is the total number of concealed carry applications issued year to date 2015?
    Same as above - 6,280

Number of denials
    As of 12/5/15 - 375

That is a 94% approval rating.

So, it's time to jack up the numbers with application submittals. After all, the Governor said applications have gotten easier since his administration came in, on the radio, so it must be true.

The real number we want to know is of the 2,651 original apps, how many have been approved / denied?

I'm guessing that it's fairly easy (although not a slam dunk) for those who are renewing to get reapproved. New application approval is probably a much different story and would paint a different picture than 95%.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    The real number we want to know is of the 2,651 original apps, how many have been approved / denied?

I'm guessing that it's fairly easy (although not a slam dunk) for those who are renewing to get reapproved. New application approval is probably a much different story and would paint a different picture than 95%.

I'm just curious how many of those applications got approved with good and substantial reason listed as "all lawful purposes".

Until the answer to that is "100%, minus those that are ineligible to own a gun for whatever reason" rather than "0%" stuff is still screwed up.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

That is an 84.9% approval rate if we assume all of the 375 denials were for initial applications.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm just curious how many of those applications got approved with good and substantial reason listed as "all lawful purposes".

Until the answer to that is "100%, minus those that are ineligible to own a gun for whatever reason" rather than "0%" stuff is still screwed up.
    ^^ This.

I'd think even if the approval is > 90%, the majority of applicants pretty much 'knew' they would be approved.

Joe Schmuckatellis like me stand little to no chance, and can use our non-resident permits as door lock bumping cards. :sad20:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ^^ This.

I'd think even if the approval is > 90%, the majority of applicants pretty much 'knew' they would be approved.

Joe Schmuckatellis like me stand little to no chance, and can use our non-resident permits as door lock bumping cards. :sad20:

So, apparently the Governor's office phone lines are lit up, and they are keeping a log. If you haven't called the Governor's office yet, I encourage you to do so and provide your opinion on the matter. Also have your friends and family call.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

The real number we want to know is how many did not apply because they knew the hurdles are high.

The 95% statistic is like saying: 95% of all point after attempts in the NFL are good, therefore anyone can be a kick a field goal in the NFL. It is an absurd statistic pushed by the O'Malley admin.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    The real number we want to know is how many did not apply because they knew the hurdles are high.

At least one, me.
    My first post here was on January 17, 2013 and it was a question about how to obtain a CCW. The general consensus was to save my money.

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014
    I'm starting to wonder if they don't count people who were denied for lack of/missing G&S. We have already learned during the HPRB meetings that they don't complete the background checks on all of those apps. If they consider them "not properly submitted", then they don't have to count them in the applied-and-denied pile. 2000 new applicants in the year for a state our size seems awful small, even considering the chilling effect of the current laws and the application thereof.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Wayne Long got a post thru on Facebook. That makes 1 of us.

Pretty sure 95% of the people had MSP reason* to carry get their permit. 5% had reason but a app issue or background issue. The other people don't even count.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'm starting to wonder if they don't count people who were denied for lack of/missing G&S. We have already learned during the HPRB meetings that they don't complete the background checks on all of those apps. If they consider them "not properly submitted", then they don't have to count them in the applied-and-denied pile. 2000 new applicants in the year for a state our size seems awful small, even considering the chilling effect of the current laws and the application thereof.

I have been wondering the exact same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom