• ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    sturmgewehr; has features including a relatively short cartridge, controllable automatic fire, a more compact design than a battle rifle with a quicker rate of fire, and intended for hitting targets within a few hundred metres. AR15 does not intentionally fire automatic.

Kair350

"Send Me"
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2016
    Harford County MD
    MD legal clone Vietnam Vet

111C286B-F254-44E4-8B27-379F5970E5EF.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Similarity? The 2a should prevent the government from infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear either. I'm not going to argue that AR-15's aren't "assault rifles" as much as I'm going to argue that we have an inalienable right to keep and bear assault rifles. It's like trainers that flip a lid if you say "weapon" instead of "firearm" because they view "weapon" as politically incorrect. I'll unapologetically refer to my defensive guns as "weapons", because that's their intended purpose....to be used as a weapon to stop a threat to me and my family. Hell, I don't even have a problem with "violence". I feel that violence can be a very good thing in situations where it's called for to protect innocents from harm.

We do a lot of dancing around semantics and allow the other side to choose/redefine the battleground instead of confronting the anti side. We cede them too much ground in the ideological war of words.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Aaaand

Similarity? The 2a should prevent the government from infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear either. I'm not going to argue that AR-15's aren't "assault rifles" as much as I'm going to argue that we have an inalienable right to keep and bear assault rifles. It's like trainers that flip a lid if you say "weapon" instead of "firearm" because they view "weapon" as politically incorrect. I'll unapologetically refer to my defensive guns as "weapons", because that's their intended purpose....to be used as a weapon to stop a threat to me and my family. Hell, I don't even have a problem with "violence". I feel that violence can be a very good thing in situations where it's called for to protect innocents from harm.

We do a lot of dancing around semantics and allow the other side to choose/redefine the battleground instead of confronting the anti side. We cede them too much ground in the ideological war of words.

Aaaand the winner of the thread. 100% agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom