• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    With YT's obnoxious censorship I'm seeing more and more people shifting to Rumble. Is there a way to embed Rumble vids yet?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    No idea what Rumble is. Will report back. Sounds like a next obvious step. YT is getting to be for the birds.. the loons.

JRE left for good reason. The Shawn Ryan show is looking to get off the platform, too, with early steps to hosting his own videos for download at a small fee.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    No idea what Rumble is. Will report back. Sounds like a next obvious step. YT is getting to be for the birds.. the loons.

JRE left for good reason. The Shawn Ryan show is looking to get off the platform, too, with early steps to hosting his own videos for download at a small fee.

Rumble is another video platform very similar to YT but without the heavy hand.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    Rumble is pro 1A. Bongino is an investor. YouTube censorship is changing how information is distributed

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'll check, but I'm going to bet that our antique version of vbulletin won't support it even if a new version would.

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    Quick search looks like a script could be written to create a custom BBCode tag, similar to the [ yt]link[ \yt] that would take the video link, and convert it to the desired iframe format. I've never hosted a vBulletin, and don't have a copy/license/host to mess around with, so I don't know the particulars. I'm just getting this from some old/archived posts on vbulletin.com.

It looks like there are some other scripts that either work to embed videos from lots of different sites with one tag, or automatically embed linked videos.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Quick search looks like a script could be written to create a custom BBCode tag, similar to the [ yt]link[ \yt] that would take the video link, and convert it to the desired iframe format. I've never hosted a vBulletin, and don't have a copy/license/host to mess around with, so I don't know the particulars. I'm just getting this from some old/archived posts on vbulletin.com.

It looks like there are some other scripts that either work to embed videos from lots of different sites with one tag, or automatically embed linked videos.

If you can find the information, or create something with the information, I can send it to the head geek. I'm barely functionally literate in the best of circumstances, and programming is way outside of my skillset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom