• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    I use the Uplula also for 9 40 and 45, but I always load the first round by hand so the tang doesn't gouge up the follower.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I find that loading a magazine proficiently is a skill and if you have trouble doing that then get a Maglula.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    There’s so many people with Uplulas you probably want to put your name or initials on it unless you go to the range by yourself.

If you want another option there’s this one that’s interesting. Watch the video.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-C-A-M-Loader-p/etscam-9-40.htm

Those ETS loaders seem to be hit or miss, mine being mostly a miss. I've had it for a while, so it probably is not the Gen2. I've lubed it and am still waiting for it to wear in. I really don't know why I keep giving it a forty-second chance...:tap:

I know other people who really like them, because they work for them. When it works right (10% of the time for me), it's pretty awesome. Overall, though, the best part about it is that it makes me appreciate how good the Lula really is.:innocent0

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I find that loading a magazine proficiently is a skill and if you have trouble doing that then get a Maglula.

Sorry, but some of the double stack sub-compacts are in a new class.

I have been hand loading mags since the 70s. Including a good bit of USPSA shooting in the 90s.

I never needed or used a loader.

UNTIL I got a Sig P365. That second to the last round is difficult and the last round is nearly impossible. It is not easy even with an Uplula.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    loading 2-300 rounds can take a toll on fingers. not ot mention it takes longer and I liek to get back to shooting rather than keep reloading slowly. I bought some of the cheaper loaders and was not impressed. I even bought the one where you can load 10 rounds at a time. For my Sig, you have to pull it back slightly otherwise it won't load and even then it is hit or miss. Other guns, no chance to load with that 10 loader. I finally gave in and paid the money for the 9-40-45 uplula and while it s not as fast as loading 10 at once, it has the advantage of doing the job every single time with minimum effort. so save yourself some money and pay for the uplula the first time and you won't have a bunch of plastic useless loaders taking up space because you paid the money and don't feel like throwing them in the trash. For ARs I saw that wooden table thing and it looks nice but you have to arrange the rounds in a neat line before you shove them all in there. still ,beats loading one at a time. but I don't think you can take that to the range. It is pretty hefty, so you need a big bag and the range tables are pretty narrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom