• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Check gas block alignment and maybe reverse torque check the gas key on the BCG.

This. I always run through the easy(read cheap) fixes first. I will look towards the bcg, including the gas key in the suspicion of low gas before I start buying adjustable gas blocks, new buffers and springs.

tidalbass

Feb 4, 2011
    Carroll County
    Similar issue with my PSA PA-10

I had what sounds like the same problem with my PA-10. I bought a complete lower at a gun show and then ordered a complete upper from Palmetto after that. I changed buffers and springs, changed BCG, with no improvement. I then ordered an adjustable gas block and she cycles like a champ now!!!

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I had consistent FTEs with my Rock River LAR8. Tried different anmo, same thing.

Sent it back to RRA and they found the gas tube was disconnected.

It cycles perfect now. (Or at least it did.....back when I could afford to shoot it)

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Same issues with mine.
    Took rifle apart to inspect and lube,did all the checkers mentioned. Was’nt until I installed an adjustable gas block was I able to get it to function reliably.
    Rifle also has less recoil

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    my guess is a gas issue. I would take off the gas block and check alignment. might have installed it off a little bit and port may be partially obstructed. this, combined with an undersized gas port could cause under gassing to the point where round won't eject. check your brass, is the casing all torn up where the ejector grabs onto it? if that checks out, check gas tube. is it timed correctly to mate with the gas key? take some weed whacker string and insert it down the gas key and wiggle until it makes its way into the bcg. if you can't get it to clear into the bcg (might take some wiggling), that could be the issue. may not have drilled the hole in the gas key or bcg). Do the easy things first. can mitigate undergassing with a lighter buffer / spring setup

My brother bought a new I believe a Smith and Wesson AR-10 and suffered this kind of problem. HE sent the rifle back for repair. I am happening to notice that there is a frequent problem with the adjustable gas block undergassing.

JamesAR15

Jan 18, 2013
    Maryland
    AR 15 Bushmaster stuck cartridge

Like the Ar10 issue I had a similar issue with an AR15. I had a gunsmith replace my bushmaster .223 barrel to a 5.56 barrel. After one round of .223 the shell is stuck in the barrel. The shot was right in the X ring but it was a one shot wonder. Any recommendations on removing the stuck shell and what would cause the shell not to eject from the rifle? After exiting a warm cabin the outside range temp was 32 degrees. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom