• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Lambo did the first coins. I will look around for it, I think I may have it still in the case.

Weird. DD214 posted about Lambo in 2010. FivePointStar showed the MDS coin with a black band across it

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=40725&highlight=lambo+challenge+coins

guess he put in a black ribbon...

This actually brings back a great DD214 memory that unfortunately coincided with Lambo's demise.

We were a very small and close knit group back then, and Lambo's death hit we plank holders pretty hard because at that time we all knew one another.

Several of us went to the funeral to pay our respects.

This was years ago before the commonly adopted wireless/cell technology that we have now and take for granted. We are hurtling down the road at 80 miles an hour, Don is in the back seat and has a laptop with a cell card, an iPad and a phone all working on forum business in three different ways.

This was back in the days when we were all still astonished at the ability to provide real time posting from the House or Senate hearings, so it was just one of those "wow, what a great time we live in" moments.

I know, the context for us now is lacking because it doesn't seem like a big deal, but still was a good memory in the context of that time.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The Ma' Deuce pictures above also bring back a funny memory.

That day, a member brought that gun and a truck load of ammo that he was letting people run for free just because it brought a smile to his face to see people enjoy it.

Someone shot that thing at something out at the 100 year berm and the bullet bounced back onto the firing line like someone had thrown a pebble, but several of us clearly saw it come from that direction and land there.

Don didn't see it, so we picked it up and put it in the back of his shiny pickup truck and pointed it out. There was a fair amount of kvetching over the fact that a bullet had ricocheted and landed in his truck.

One of those, "funnier if you were there" moments, but it was entertaining that day.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    This one hurts....man, does this hurt. Lotta good memories: the Ma Deuce shoot, Ruddy Duck, getting poured out of the back of his truck at Rosado's house...

This well and truly sucks. Miss the hell out of you, Boss Man.

That day, a member brought that gun and a truck load of ammo that he was letting people run for free just because it brought a smile to his face to see people enjoy it.

Someone shot that thing at something out at the 100 year berm and the bullet bounced back onto the firing line like someone had thrown a pebble, but several of us clearly saw it come from that direction and land there.

Don didn't see it, so we picked it up and put it in the back of his shiny pickup truck and pointed it out. There was a fair amount of kvetching over the fact that a bullet had ricocheted and landed in his truck.

One of those, "funnier if you were there" moments, but it was entertaining that day.
    You asshats did that? That's outstanding!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I never met the guy but I’ve met a bunch of decent folks off here which is attributed to him

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just now seeing this.

I only met him once, best I can recall, at a Brian Boru happy hour meetup, and liked him.

Not the best news on a Saturday morning, for sure. I can only hope he didn't suffer.

My best and condolences to the rest of his friends and family.

Umbrella drinks all around...

KGB-SPY

Sep 30, 2013
    Pikesville, MD
    Very sad news indeed, I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories.

bam-az

Nov 30, 2015
    I'm new to the Maryland family and didn't know him personally, but based on reading all of these comments, he sounded like a great guy and an asset to the 2A community. Rest in peace.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

Well you just ruined my day x2 today! Somehow I missed this thread yesterday, so I'm flabbergasted by the news. I was so happy to see Don posting again recently, and now he's been taken from us again.

Second, I never knew the bullet jacket was placed in the truck! I've been telling the story of the peeled jacket that landed in the bed of a truck behind the firing line for almost 15 years. This is like finding out that Santa isn't real. But I'd take this feeling every day to get Don back. Absolutely suck news.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Just now seeing this too; headed back from a trip to Florida to see my daughter graduate.

This really stinks. Coming on the heels of Jeff’s demise makes it all the worse. We’ve lost two giant patriots this month that leave a legacy hard to overstate. We were so blessed to have them both; I hate that their time with us was far too short.

Prayers for their family and friends.

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    Ok I've been reading posts and comments for two days now. I've never met the man but I'll echo what others have said and that is he must have been one hell of a man. I now know who I can thank for getting my daughter to go shooting with me and now compete in competitions. If it wasn't for this forum I would have had no idea where to get into the sport. Thank you kind sir and go rest high on that mountain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom