• Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Virginia Citizens Defense League

Defending Your Right to Defend Yourself

VA-ALERT

1. Help still needed: Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show at Richmond Raceway Complex THIS weekend!

2. Help needed: Green Top Outdoor Expo on October 2 – 3

3. R.I.P. member Deborah Jane Anderson

4. R.I.P. member Lee Taylor

5. Gun controllers: if the facts don’t say what you want, just redefine the words and terms

6. Babylon Bee: Top 10 reasons you should turn your guns over to the government TODAY

7. Everything is “racist,” now including the Second Amendment. (Nice try, no cigar)

8. Dr. John Lott: Biden ignores the fact that 92% of violent crime does NOT involve a gun!

9. YET ANOTHER of Michael Bloomberg’s gun-control leaders has been charged with a crime

10. “No guns” signs at Virginia rest stops

1. Help still needed: Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show at Richmond Raceway Complex THIS weekend!

HELP STILL NEEDED: Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show at Richmond Raceway Complex this weekend.

Volunteers are needed for the following shifts:

Saturday, August 7: 2:00pm-6:00pm

Sunday, August 8: 10:00am -1:30pm / 1:30pm-5:00pm

Register online or contact Rowley Molina at gunshows.doswell@vcdl.org.

2. Help needed: Green Top Outdoor Expo on October 2 – 3

BACK AGAIN!

The Green Top Outdoor Expo was canceled

in 2020 because of the COVID-19 lockdown.

But on October 2-3, 2021 - the Expo is back

and bigger than ever!

Member-volunteers are needed to help in the VCDL booth.

Each day is divided into shifts:

Saturday, 10/2, 7:30am-11am / 11am-3pm / 3pm-7pm

Sunday, 10/3, 9am-1:30pm / 1:30pm-6pm

All volunteers must be current VCDL members

Positions will be filled quickly, first-come, first-served, so pick at least a couple of shift choices.

To request a shift or ask questions, contact:

Rowley Molina - gunshows.doswell@vcdl.org

Mike Wilburt - gunshowcoord@vcdl.org

3. R.I.P. member Deborah Jane Anderson

It’s with a heavy heart that I report passing of Deborah Jane Anderson, one of VCDL’s long-time NoVA members.

I’ve known Deborah for many years - she was very active in VCDL since the early 2000s.

Deborah married VCDL member Mark Anderson in 2007. Even to the end, they doted on each other. It was a wonderful thing to behold. This is a huge loss for Mark and VCDL wishes him Godspeed. Keep him in your prayers.

I asked Mark to give me something about Deborah for the alert. He sent me this:

Deborah hunted with long guns where she grew up in extreme north western Michigan, but at the time of our first meeting, had never fired a handgun. One of our early dates was to a shooting range to try out a few pistols.

Deborah was special in so many ways. Anything that was important to me was important to her, just because it was important to me. She gladly helped staff the VCDL table during gun shows and loved the VCDL meetings and activities I introduced her to.

A former DC elected official (ANC Commissioner), Deborah lived in DC and had many contacts in DC government. She testified at city council meetings discussing gun issues and encouraged me to do the same, which I happily did. When I became a concealed firearms permit instructor (Discover Shooting), she happily came to almost every gun show and so enjoyed talking to people about their second amendment rights as well as other political issues.

Deborah was also a professional musician and singer. At the June gun show in Chantilly, she sang the national anthem 3 times, Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon. I'm told one of those renditions can be found on the Nation's Gun Show FaceBook page. [Link: https://fb.watch/78jlFbG--h/]

Deborah rarely complained of pain, discomfort or limited mobility. She did everything she could to make our life together as normal as possible.

We were married for 14 years and 7 days having celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary just a week before her passing. I will sorely miss her. Despite my sadness, I am happy that she is not just in a better place, she is in the perfect place, with her Lord and Savior.

4. R.I.P. member Lee Taylor

Executive member Al Steed Jr has told me the sad news that member and activist Lee Taylor passed away on 6/22/21 at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Salem.

Please keep his family in your prayers and your thoughts.

5. Gun controllers: if the facts don’t say what you want, just redefine the words and terms

Member Mark J. sent me this:

ABC is running a week-long series on "gun violence" thatincludes defensive use of firearms against violent criminals asgun violence. Furthermore, they redefine the long-accepted FBI measure of mass shootings so they can falsely inflate the numbers by nearly 300%.

Who do they think they are? Former VA Gov. “it’s easier to buy a gun than to vote” Terry McAuliffe?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ounts-self-defense-shootings-as-gun-violence/

6. Babylon Bee: Top 10 reasons you should turn your guns over to the government TODAY

You have to love the Babylon Bee. Time for some humor:

https://babylonbee.com/news/top-10-reasons-to-turn-your-guns-over-to-the-government-immediately

7. Everything is “racist,” now including the Second Amendment. (Nice try, no cigar)

Here’s the latest attempt to reverse good and bad. Gun-control was put in place to keep minorities, especially emancipated blacks, unarmed so they could not protect themselves from violent attacks. That is the racist roots of gun control. But now, and no surprises here, suddenly the right to keep and bear arms is what’s racist!

No, there is no level that gun controllers won’t sink to in their quest to take away our freedom. No lie too big or vicious. The ends, for them, will always justify the means.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judicia...latest-issue-to-be-reframed-wrongly-as-racist

ABC legal analyst Sunny Hostin said Friday on ABC's "The View" that she believed that the Second Amendment "was designed to protect slavery" by empowering local militia groups to "put down slave revolts." <eye roll>

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...nd-amendment-was-designed-to-protect-slavery/

The ACLU’s synapses are no longer in working order, either. They have drunk the Kool-Aid and have jumped on the bandwagon. Gun-rights activist Colion Noir is having none of it and rips them a new one:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/colion-noir-aclu-second-amendment-racist

8. Dr. John Lott: Biden ignores the fact that 92% of violent crime does NOT involve a gun!

John Lott has some important information in this article on how infrequently guns are used in violent crimes. (You might ask if the vast majority of violent crimes do not involve guns, why is the government focused on guns in order to reduce violent crime? Why, to disarm all of us “for our own good”, silly!)

https://crimeresearch.org/2021/07/a...in-only-a-small-percentage-of-violent-crimes/

9. YET ANOTHER of Michael Bloomberg’s gun-control leaders has been charged with a crime

Yet another member of Michael Bloomberg’s coalition of gun-hating mayors might be headed to jail.

On a weapons charge, of course. <eye roll>

https://bearingarms.com/mom-at-arms...ly-warren-crooked-business-gun-control-n47943

10. “No guns” signs at Virginia rest stops

Virginia rest stops are now posted “No guns,” since they are owned by the Commonwealth. What an unwelcoming, despicable message that is to gun owners from around the U.S. coming to Virginia.

That law is part of the treachery brought to us by the leadership of the Democrat Party in 2020 and 2021.

There is a happy side: the person behind this atrocity in the House of Delegates, Mark Levine, lost his run for Lt. Governor AND lost his House seat in the Democrat primary earlier this year!

Senator Adam Ebbin was the patron of the Senate version and he is up for re-election in 2023. It would be great to see him on his way out, too.

This year is an election year and the ENTIRE HOUSE OF DELEGATES, the Governor, the Lt. Governor, and Attorney General positions are ALL UP FOR GRABS on November 2.

If you are as sick of this crap as I am, VOTE ON NOVEMBER 2. Get your family and friends registered and then make sure they VOTE.

This is an off-year election, so turnout is usually low. If Virginia’s gun owners will just turn out and vote, this ship WILL turn around. We have the power – there are 2.5 million of us, including 700,000 CHP holders, alone! The numbers are on our side IF we will ALL just get to the polls in November. No more excuses.

Understand this: the gun gabbers want you to feel like elections are meaningless, so you are discouraged from voting. Do NOT let them trick you and do not let them win. They have nightmares about a big gun-owner turnout. Let’s make their worst nightmare a reality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom