• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I picked up a Para 3 in Maxamet. Anyone have a blade in Maxamet with some age, patina? I’d like to see if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandon_h

Aug 29, 2021
    I've got a Manix2 that's maybe a year and half old. Honestly hasn't seen a ton of use but happy to post pic if interested.

brandon_h

Aug 29, 2021
    I've got two Manix2's. Ones got a G10 handle with S110V, that one's a favorite and I've carried it a bunch. The other is the Maxamet Manix2 lightweight. That one I find a little too top heavy with the FRN scales so I haven't carried it nearly as much. I really like the axis-like lock on them.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Thanks for the experiences. I appreciate it. I have seen some blades that have a nice patina to some that are very blotchy. I don’t care as long as it’s sharp really, but was curious.

I am reading that diamond is the best to sharpen. Some Aluminum oxide and stones won’t “sharpen” some of the super hard particles leaving a toothy edge.

I wanted a knife in one of these “super” steels and am happy with this one. I do carry my S30V Para 3 more. Guess this Maxamet one is my Friday night knife. lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom