• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    never had an ar15. if i want to buy one from an online retailer that has a 30rd mag, is there a way to get the magazine? or can i go to virginia and buy an ar with 30rd mag or even just the mag and bring it home?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    No need to get hung up on buying with a mag over 10 rounds. Just buy what you want and get your standard capacity mags out of state

MD compliant heavy barrel or caliber other than 5.56 of course

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You cannot have standard capacity mags shipped to you in Maryland, but you can personally go to VA, PA, WV etc, pick them up, and bring them back with you into MD where you can then possess them legally. Because, Maryland.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Don’t worry about the mag , you’ll want more than 1 anyway. Have you checked out any local dealers to you or maybe an IP on here ? They could have what you’re looking for and be competitive on price since you’ll be saving money on shipping and transfer fees

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Don’t worry about the mag , you’ll want more than 1 anyway. Have you checked out any local dealers to you or maybe an IP on here ? They could have what you’re looking for and be competitive on price since you’ll be saving money on shipping and transfer fees

^^^ This^^^ Don't know where the OP is from but... as an example I was in Hafers Gun Shop in Hagerstown last Friday and their inventory on ARs is exceptional. Lots of choices-- Go local.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Buy local where you can. Where you can't, like with standard capacity magazines, get those in Virginia. Buy extras.

Also make sure to get your gas, your beer, your tobacco products, and anything else that's cheaper there while you're at it. You'll feel better about the trip.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    ...out of state for your mags. Pa, De, Va

And I recommend knowing the laws of your state regarding the firearms/accessories you want to buy

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    High capacity is 60 round drums. a 30 round mag is a STANDARD capacity. Buy them in VA or PA, easy peesy.

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    No need to get hung up on buying with a mag over 10 rounds. Just buy what you want and get your standard capacity mags out of state

MD compliant heavy barrel or caliber other than 5.56 of course
    thanks.. i mainly wanted to clarify the law.. as in can i easily buy a 30rd mag in another state and bring it home to md. sounds like i can

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    You cannot have standard capacity mags shipped to you in Maryland, but you can personally go to VA, PA, WV etc, pick them up, and bring them back with you into MD where you can then possess them legally. Because, Maryland.
    thanks

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    not much but i just figured it would be cheaper to buy online although you're right you have to factor in transfer fee

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    ^^^ This^^^ Don't know where the OP is from but... as an example I was in Hafers Gun Shop in Hagerstown last Friday and their inventory on ARs is exceptional. Lots of choices-- Go local.
    I'm in Montgomery County. i havent shopped at stores much yet but i will.. i just feel like such a newb

does hafers have fully assembled ar's for someone who doesnt know anything about them? any idea of what the lowest price one would be?

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    High capacity is 60 round drums. a 30 round mag is a STANDARD capacity. Buy them in VA or PA, easy peesy.
    thanks for clarifying. i guess i was thinking anything not legal in md (over 10) is considered high capacity

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Some local shops sell standard capacity mags with just a wooden dowel stuck in under the follower limiting them to ten rounds.
    Whatever you do....Don't pop the bottom off the mag and remove the dowel.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Every time i go to my parents house in Columbia SC i stop in at PSA and pick up a few. Just got back from my fathers funeral and have 4 new standard cap mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom