• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Herndon Town Council is discussing local gun-control during a work session TOMORROW NIGHT, September 7, 2021, at 7 pm. This issue has been working through the system since last year.

While Town Council will be getting public input on the proposed ordinance at tomorrow’s meeting, they will not be voting on it. The vote will be taken at the following meeting, on September 14, but only after getting more public input at that meeting.

The proposed ordinance will ban guns in Town buildings, parks, recreation and community centers, and at “official town sponsored events.” The latter is not nearly as broad as some other NoVA localities, such as Fairfax County, which designates any event that is permitted or should have been permitted.

Herndon appears to be taking the Newport News approach of basically banning open carry. CHP holders carrying concealed are exempted from the ordinance completely.

While Herndon’s proposed ordinance is less egregious than other ordinances adopted in NoVA, it is still a solution in search of a problem. It infringes on those peaceful citizens who do not want, or need, a CHP. Also, just because there is a CHP exemption in the proposed ordinance doesn’t mean it would be in the final ordinance.

BTW, the proposal includes some options on security, which if fully implemented would cost almost $3 million initially and $750,000 each year to run! All for a town that hasn’t had any issues.

Many thanks to the VCDL Herndon Watch Team for Local Government for keeping an eye on this issue.

ACTION ITEMS

We need to contact Town Council in opposition to the proposed ordinance. Comments can be submitted to: town.clerk@herndon-va.gov

Sample Subject: Oppose proposed Ordinance 21-O-10

Sample Comment:

I urge Town Council to OPPOSE proposed ordinance 21-O-10, which unnecessarily restricts the right of self-defense in certain public areas.
    If you live in or near Herndon, attend and speak at tomorrow night’s hearing (Item #4 on the agenda). I cannot find anything on the Herndon website about having to register to speak. They are closed today, so I can’t verify.

The meeting, which starts at 7pm, is being held at a different location than usual:
    Herndon Community Center
    814 Ferndale Ave.
    Community Room 1
    Herndon, VA

When 5he VCDL becomes an an actual 2A advocate people should support them.. but when of its so called leaders posts sh*t like this on the Facebook page it shows that at least one of its major mouthpieces is a fair weather 2A supprter..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-175921_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20200215-175921_Facebook.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 111

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ….
    BTW, the proposal includes some options on security, which if fully implemented would cost almost $3 million initially and $750,000 each year to run! All for a town that hasn’t had any issues.….

Ha! And so we get to what all good Bureaucrats are really after and only good for - scheming ways to spend other people’s hard-earned money! :mad54:

Luckily for the pro-2A side of the aisle in this fight, putting a stop to b.s. waste like this is something a LOT of fence sitters and otherwise gullible sheep can have their eyes opened up to!

Best wishes for the greatest of success to you! :party29:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Best wishes for the greatest of success to you! :party29:

Thank you, buy I must point out that all the VCDL stuff I post is just a re-post of the emails they send me.

I'm a MD resident, but I joined VCDL, which is why I get the emails. (I've worked a dozen or more MSI tables at Chantilly, and MSI and VCDL mutually support each other, sending people to each other's tables for info.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom