• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I left MD as soon as I could for a reason. First for Ohio, then for Mississippi.

It's a shame what MD has become (really what it was for my entire life.) Beautiful land, nearly every road is great for a sports car or motorcycle, all four seasons to enjoy, lots of history, etc. Now even Virginia and Pennsylvania aren't the escapes that they used to be.

If you haven't lived outside MD, you can't understand how bad it is in MD. When I went to Ohio I got a new driver's license, new plates for my vehicles, and my carry permit on my lunch break. I kid you not, less than an hour, including travel time. The BMV (their version of the DMV) even apologized for the 5 minutes I spent in line. MD is Southern Efficiency and Northern Charm.

Mississippi is slow as anything, but it's because they do everything like it's 1970 - everything in paper, nothing digital. That said, no permit required to carry, and if you get the permit (I did), you can carry basically anywhere. I've carried in the Governor's Mansion and the Capitol. Show your permit, step around the metal detectors - and the Capitol Police don't give you a second glance. (Can you imagine the looks you'd get in Maryland, even if it were legal?)

And don't get me started on Civil Immunity laws if you did, God forbit, have to use a weapon for self defense.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    The leftists have had a hard on for AACO for at least 20 years because it was the largest purple/red county in the state that refused to get onboard with their need for total control.

Their solution was to import people from Baltimore City to Brooklyn Park, Glen Burnie and so forth, and then to import people from PG County to Maryland City and other areas on the Meade attendance zone.

Then don't get me started on the importing of Hispanic immigrants to all areas of the county and advocating for "workforce housing" in traditionally right-leaning areas like the Broadneck peninsula.

All with the apparently successful, but obviously intentional, outcome of flipping the county reliably to the left.

Add in the complicity of the legacy media, and the attack squads on social media and the plan has worked famously.

How can they be pushed back? seems like there will be an inevitable end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom