• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not there all that much. It's really my wife's gig, but if you see an old white dude with gray hair that's me. Come by on almost every Fridays at 4:30 to 6:30 for various tastings.

wow. Probably 25 years since I have stepped foot in Gibbys.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I'm not there all that much. It's really my wife's gig, but if you see an old white dude with gray hair that's me. Come by on almost every Fridays at 4:30 to 6:30 for various tastings.

The white dude with gray hair behind the counter that is...the other white dudes with gray hair isn't him. :lol2:

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Need to study California rules. :innocent0
    It is illegal for them to ship wines out, there is a law for that. WELL... The wineries got together with lawyers. They CAN ship for you *if* you buy it in the store. It is a customer service to deliver it and allowed in the law.
    So... I was visiting a winery after I moved to Maryland. After wine tasting I'm like we love but I'm flying and cant take it.
    That is when they informed me about legal options. So I left an open order ticket in my name there. Legally it is considered as if I bought it standing in the store. Shipping was a courtesy service.

You store owners might look at that option if you can deliver to customers. Make more sales.;)

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    We could identify the one legislatiove proposal we want to push. One proposal that has the possibility of, if not passing, getting a committee hearing. And pushing it again next year.

I agree...but it appears that 2A-friendly members of the House of Delegates are too busy trying to introduce bills they personally can take credit for to actually do something that might have a chance of success.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Eh . Would potentially make a difference , if Any of them had a snowball's chance .

As it is , the handful of pro gun Delegates all speak favorably on most of the other pro 2A Bills and vote favorably in Committee for them . Where they all die any way , regardless if there were 1 or 20 of them .

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Several years ago, I supported the legislative fight to allow wine shipments to consumers in MD. There was one person in the GA, who was on the committee, who had a vested interest in the 3 tier distribution system and individually stopped that legislation for years. Finally got it done. But like beer in grocery stores, there was an overwhelming majority of people who wanted wine shipped to homes, and one jackass who could stop it. Pretty sure the same is true in this case.

Snip

(Edited for clarity)

If one individual can stop wine legislation for years then why can't one legislator stop the anti gun laws from passing?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If one individual can stop wine legislation for years then why can't one legislator stop the anti gun laws from passing?

In the first instance, they were a Democrat, in a Democrat controlled Legislature.

In the second instance, you would need a Democrat in a Democrat controlled Legislature which is not likely to happen in Maryland.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Might have missed it but it was understanding stores could sell beer but the catch was, you can only sell it in one of your stores. So fo example there is only one Safeway in Moco (Olney location?) that can sell beer and wine. Same for Giant and so on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In the literal sense , either Committee Chair could simply not act upon Anti gun legislation , the same way that they presently keep all Pro gun legislation bottled in Committee .

The reality is that on various issues , including guns , the Chairs follow the guidance of the Party leadership , or else they quickly become a Former Chairman , if not a Former Officeholder .

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    LOL. No doubt.

It's probably a haul for you, but it's at 2320 York Road in Timonium. I asked Mods previously about sharing that info and they were okay as long as I wasn't flogging it all the time. My wife runs it.

Hit me up with any special orders. If we can get it from the distributor I'll try to get a good price for MDS members. (and no, we can't get the extremely rare bourbons, they are generally all allocated.)

You're next to Gibby's. I buy from your shop from time to time when I'm picking-up fish for dinner.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    You're next to Gibby's. I buy from your shop from time to time when I'm picking-up fish for dinner.

Make sure mention you are buying from Gibby's. We offer 15% off of most wine and 5% off beer and liquor for customers with a receipt. It's our way to capture some of the huge traffic volume they get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom