• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just Plain Cliff

SIG Shooter
    Jul 1, 2019
    Baltimore County
    Can someome tell me what happens if, when declaring residency in MD, I register a handgun which is not specifically named on the roster? For example, say I have a SIG Sauer P226 XFive Black & White which is not specifically named on the roster, but the P226 XFive is named. Does my friendly neighborhood trooper pay me a visit to confiscate the handgun? Or do they just let it go? Anyone know? Thanks.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Can someome tell me what happens if, when declaring residency in MD, I register a handgun which is not specifically named on the roster? For example, say I have a SIG Sauer P226 XFive Black & White which is not specifically named on the roster, but the P226 XFive is named. Does my friendly neighborhood trooper pay me a visit to confiscate the handgun? Or do they just let it go? Anyone know? Thanks.

Why do you want to register it? Registration is voluntary.

Jul 1, 2012
    Why do you want to register it? Registration is voluntary.

"when declaring residency in MD" - so it's mandatory to register it thanks to the 2013 Freedom Suppression Act.

... a person who moves into Maryland with the intent of becoming a resident shall register all regulated firearms with the Secretary of the Maryland Department of State Police within 90 days after establishing residency blah blah...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The Handgun Roster is for transfers, not for new residents when they move in. No one will show up at your door and confiscate anything, unless you are a prohibited person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom