• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Referring to rifles in this case, since that was brought up.

Rifles weren't brought up in the OP or my answer to the OP. So how the hell am I supposed to know that your question referred to rifles?

My original reply (that you commented on) was with regards to a carry permit, thus I was referring to carry permits and handguns.

You want to ask about rifles laws, then ask about rifle laws. Don't ask a murkey question in a conversation about handguns and carry permits and expect an answer on rifles.

As for Baltimore and Rockvile, with regards to rifles, they can't be carried period (open or concealed), and DNR forbids loaded long guns in vehicles, and DNR forbids loaded magazines with long guns.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    As for Baltimore and Rockvile, with regards to rifles, they can't be carried period (open or concealed), and DNR forbids loaded long guns in vehicles, and DNR forbids loaded magazines with long guns.

what does that last part mean, "DNR forbids loaded magazines with long guns?"

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Under the Natural Resources Article ( as opposed to Criminal Law Article ) it is Illegal to have loaded firearm in a vehicle , with exception for W&C Permit for handguns .

Despite the relationship to the words Natural and Resources , this is a real State Law , valid state wide .

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Why do we refer to “W&C” instead of the initials PCH as in Permit to Carry a Handgun?
    Because:
    Criminal Law 4‐203 said:
    (2)****the wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun, in compliance with any limitations imposed under § 5–307 of the Public Safety Article, by a person to whom a permit to wear, carry, or transport the handgun has been issued under Title 5, Subtitle 3 of the Public Safety Article
    emphasis mine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I carry a loaded Glock in my motorhome , i slide it in my seat pocket . I don't think cops pull over motorhomes , never seen it in all my travels .

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I carry a loaded Glock in my motorhome , i slide it in my seat pocket . I don't think cops pull over motorhomes , never seen it in all my travels .

01a5199f3838dd2378fc48d9140beae1.jpg

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    Might not be the right place to ask, but is a pistol AR considered a handgun in MD? loaded in a car or backpack while out and about if you have wear and carry permit?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Might not be the right place to ask, but is a pistol AR considered a handgun in MD? loaded in a car or backpack while out and about if you have wear and carry permit?

handgun, yes.

with W&C, full send.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom