• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jozf

Oct 5, 2021
    Does anyone know if this is Maryland legal? Can’t find it on the police website

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I mean I guess it's not that much of a nightmare, more like a waiting game.
    Find an FFl, they get a sample (idk if they need a deposit), then wait. you might get it.... Feb or march?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well , the Roster Board needs a sample to "test" .
    It's between your and your FFL if they care to purchase on their dime , in anticipation of eventually selling from stock at usual profit , or if You purchase the pistol , and they merely facilitate recieving from Mfg , and subsequently shipping to Board for the typical transfer fees .

I'll bite . Yes , Noveske is well regarded high end mfg . But how particularly is a dedicated pistol lower 9mm AR pistol worth $2500 ?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'll bite . Yes , Noveske is well regarded high end mfg . But how particularly is a dedicated pistol lower 9mm AR pistol worth $2500 ?

I dunno, but worth something more simply because "Noveske".

I have an AR pistol that Chad put together for me with a DPMS lower and bric-a-brac parts (BCM,PSA).
    I'd like to think it has some sort of premium over one that I would have put together myself, simply because "Chad".

I'd pay more for one he built if it was sitting next to an identical one that just came off an assembly line.

Would you pay more for a pistol class ran by Pat McNamara compared to some dude with an NRA patch teaching the same class?

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012

BLUF: Look at the upper and lower, they are bespoke to accept the brace. I imagine those parts alone command a huge premium. $2500 gets you into MP5 Clones, B&T 9mm subguns, Sig 9mm PCCs etc. I would not spend anywhere near that money on a blowback AR 9mm... even though it looks cool.

I have been a Noveske fan for some time. Yes, it has always commanded a premium. In the past, their barrels were great and at the time there wasn't much competition. Now there are a lot of options for premium barrels. Their Gen 2 Lowers are also fantastic, and still command big bucks since they are forged and not milled like Gen 3.

You can build using Vltor MUR uppers, premium barrels, etc and my opinion, have something better than Noveske for much less $$$.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sure , a Pat Mc Namara class would be great , In person training is very dependant upon the person teaching .

The actual Noveske site doesn't give any details , but from a reseller :

Billit upper and lower , Cerakote over anadised , 3 lug adapter , Gessele MCX- SSA trigger are highlights .

Meanwhile , manstream AR Pistols are $700- $1600 , with a clustering at +/- $1k . Allowing for the somewhat upper of the mainstream , it's about double for the Noveske . Admttedly , if you specifically wanted that 3 lug , and that trigger specifically , those would be value added , so 50% premium for the name ?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I think that the real question is whether, for this kind of money, its better than a B&T APC , APC pro, or AP10, or HK MP5 or clone.

If I had that kind of $ to blow I would get the APC.

The space invader does look cool, but B&T is based.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Another 2,500 dollar pcc that doesn’t even include a arm brace ?

Yeah I’ll take a scorpion for 900, put like 300 into it (including the brace) and it will Do everything the noveske or b&t can, while eating every ammunition under the sun for half the price. (Save for having the fancy name)

it's a B&T

in 10mm

Scorpion is for poors.

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom