• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've talked to my rep here in Monkey County and he says this legislative session they will be banning all "Assault Pistols" and "Stabilizing Braces". He mentioned they will also be closing the AR15 loophole. What does this mean?

They can try to decree any unconstitutional bs they want. People should just flat out refuse to comply.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I've talked to my rep here in Monkey County and he says this legislative session they will be banning all "Assault Pistols" and "Stabilizing Braces". He mentioned they will also be closing the AR15 loophole. What does this mean?

I love how legislators write exemptions into law and then decry them as "loopholes" as if the great unwashed masses managed to trick them into something. Today... we ban all dogs except beagles... Tomorrow... we have to close this dangerous Beagle Loophole!!!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I will not comply, I'm not giving up my beagles! Nor my spaniel!

Let's not omit the lowly Pitbulls, who, despite not being a recognisable breed at all, are actually banned by law in far too many places.

Keeping mine. I'd leave the state before giving her up.

Attachments

• 20201006_154432_Burst01_resized(1)(1).jpg
      20201006_154432_Burst01_resized(1)(1).jpg
      45.2 KB · Views: 417
    • 20210718_142301_resized(1).jpg
      20210718_142301_resized(1).jpg
      97.8 KB · Views: 430
    • 20210722_224304_resized(1)(1).jpg
      20210722_224304_resized(1)(1).jpg
      41.8 KB · Views: 418

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I will not comply, I'm not giving up my beagles! Nor my spaniel!

Let's not omit the lowly Pitbulls, who, despite not being a recognisable breed at all, are actually banned by law in far too many places.

Keeping mine. I'd leave the state before giving her up.

Yup.

Attachments

• 20211004_191634.jpg
      20211004_191634.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 417

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I thought Pit Bulls were Staffordshire Bull Terriers?

There's probably a dozen breeds whose general appearance would lead the media-panicked to identify as the dreaded pitbull, but they vary considerably in size and shape, and their mixed offspring are pretty much tarred with the pit brush as well.

The AKC seems interested in adopting a breed standard, but essentially that is an artificial blueprint for designing a dog to a set of specifications. For everyone else, it's a case of "I know it when I see it."

https://realpitbull.com/standards/

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Who was that?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Bump again as I am finishing up my Polymer80 lower build and I want to build it as a pistol first so I can go back and forth but wondering what avenue I need to go on the brace......bare tube? SB Brace? KAK Blade?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I'd think they'd have to ban pistol braces altogether, really. It'd be pretty hard to say they're okay, you just can't shoulder them. I know they tried that once, but that seems silly. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Somewhere along the line the ATF stepped in it and now they can’t figure out how to undo it. Allowing a rifle caliber , shouldering capable AR/AK pistol to exist makes the SBR law totally useless. Don’t get me wrong I really like these pistols. The next shoe to drop will be the existence of the “other” shotguns. Doesn’t the shock wave and night stick contradict the short barreled shotgun law. Again I like these guns. I really don’t understand any of the restrictive gun laws. The type of gun has never been the problem. It’s always been the type of person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom