• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Does anyone know if the trigger spring can be replaced or if the trigger itself can be replaced. My wife is looking to lighten the trigger pull.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Some quick searching , and the concensus among Taurus Fans seems to be along the line of " After 300 rounds the trigger pull will smooth out , and lighten somewhat " .

Gallway Precision does make flat face triggers for certain Tauri , but I'll admit I can't imeadately keep straight which guns are which " G " , and OP didn't specify the Generation of his gun .

Gallway claims reduced trigger pull Length , but makes no claim as to weight , and I'm sure they would prominently advertise that , if relevant .

Notwithstanding the typical Taurus generic bashing , my former PT111 ( since went to another MDS member ) , and other Tauri I've shot or fondled had middling triggers for their type . Not best , not worst , and generally suited for intended purposes .

Not to offend anyone , but to get the parameters :
    Is Mrs t84a already familiar and accustomed striker fired compact pistols of a certain size & weight , and is comparing the PT 709 to her Shield 2.0 or whatever ? Or is this her introduction to compact striker fired pistols ?

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Thanks Bigfoot. This is great info. The LGS here recommended she simply sell it and buy a better gun. Of course, he is willing to sell her that “better“ gun.

You're asking me to explain my wife's thought process. This is her only handgun. I'm convinced she bought it based on price alone. Past that, I think it's probably fine.

Thanks again.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Oversimplified -

It's a striker fired semiauto , doing what striker fired semiautos do . ie fairly long, moderately heavy trigger pull . On Purpose , to be reasonably safe to carry in pocket, waistband, etc . Different pistols will vary with each by degree , but those are the general characteristics of pistols of that class . ( FWIW , I like the Shield of that class , and * for me * can shoot it as well as average full size , but I'm old school and cut my teeth on DA Revolvers .)

The ball is in the wife's court . She can shoot it enough to simultaneously smooth out the and become more accustomed to it , or change to a different type of handgun .

( Presuming her pistol is among the +\- 90% of Tauri that work properly .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom