• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I got an email today from x-treme bullets advertising limited sale packages of 5000 primers and 5000 bullets together. Primers are claimed to be equivalent to CCI, my favorite. I've used their bullets for years, might give their primers a try. Just passing along a possible source for those with less on the shelf than I.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It’s a decent deal - essentially 22-23 cents per round, not including powder. Still cheaper than what 223/556 is selling for these days.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It’s a decent deal - essentially 22-23 cents per round, not including powder. Still cheaper than what 223/556 is selling for these days.
    It's a terrible deal. You can get 1k of 223 projos for like $100, and even Brownells is selling primers cheaper than that when you factor in repeated hazmat.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It's a terrible deal. You can get 1k of 223 projos for like $100, and even Brownells is selling primers cheaper than that when you factor in repeated hazmat.
    Unless you know something I don’t, primers are still fairly scarce. I’m also not seeing 223 bullets any cheaper than $120/1000.

PM me and set me up with that source.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Pats has Hornady 55 grain for $110 per 1k
    http://www.patsreloading.com/patsrel3/Items.aspx?category=Bullets
    And CCI #41’s for $100 per 1k
    http://www.patsreloading.com/patsrel3/Items.aspx?category=Primers
    That works out to $1050 for 5k

X-Treme’s deal is $1000 for 5k of both on 55gr or $1040 for 5k of both on 62gr. Then add the $35 hazmat for shipping the primers, and it’s still a decent deal. Best prices ever? No, but in today’s market…
    I think it works because it's a package - you don't have to go hunt down the components separately, and you get 5000 of each.

I have yet to find primers from any online source where you're allowed to buy more than 1000 at a time, and even then they are often priced a bit high - usually $80. That seems to be the standing price at the moment.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think it works because it's a package - you don't have to go hunt down the components separately, and you get 5000 of each.

I have yet to find primers from any online source where you're allowed to buy more than 1000 at a time, and even then they are often priced a bit high - usually $80. That seems to be the standing price at the moment.

Brownell’s usually allows you to buy 2k at a time. I think Nachetz allows 5k the couple of times recently they’ve had primers.

But in general, yes, you’ll probably be out between $90-105 per 1k by the time it gets to your door.

But you can absolutely get .224 bullets cheaper than that deal. By a lot.

https://www.armorally.com/shop/berrys-22-cal-55gr-fmjbt/?attribute_select-quantity=5000ct

$395 for 5k Berry’s 55gr

Like around or hit up Ammoseek and it doesn’t take much searching for find 224 bullets in bulk for under 10cpb. A few places with occasional free or at least much cheaper than Xtreme’a shipping.

I like Xtreme’s bullets I’ve got several 500 packs of 9mm, 38 and 45 bullets from them. But their shipping is often not cheap. Their deals are sometimes good, but usually I find a deal from someone else, selling their bullets, where it is overall cheaper because much cheaper shipping and sometimes even a little cheaper on the bullets too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom