• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    Get one! They run like a top! Everyone has gotta have one of these! So much fun!

[YT]l7progTynNw[/YT]

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Garand Thumb goes over this VITYAZ. Russia's MP5. Pretty bad ass.

If someone could figure out which of this >>>>v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s to put between the YT brackets, that would be swell. I tried deciphering all combinations but couldn't get it. Sometimes there's extra bits and pieces in it and this seems to have them.

Meanwhile, here's the full link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    I thought all things manufactured from Russia are banned for import entirely. It would be almost impossible to get one of those although they are awesome!

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Garand Thumb goes over this VITYAZ. Russia's MP5. Pretty bad ass.

If someone could figure out which of this >>>>v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s to put between the YT brackets, that would be swell. I tried deciphering all combinations but couldn't get it. Sometimes there's extra bits and pieces in it and this seems to have them.

Meanwhile, here's the full link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHN5KSLcS2M&t=1025s

Here you go...

I thought all things manufactured from Russia are banned for import entirely. It would be almost impossible to get one of those although they are awesome!

This is actually a KALASHNIKOV USA KP-9. From what I have read, it is a USA made, pretty close copy of the Russian Vityaz.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kp-9-9x19mm-pistol-kalashnikov-usa/

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    Oh wait I see it is on the roster! It's approved.
    Now the question is can you actually find and buy one?

KP-9 KP-9 (SKU #), N/A 9 mm

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    It's funny to see this thread come back up. I never got the AK-V and got the KP-9 instead, I had to submit it to the roster way back with the help of my FFL. I ended up getting the first one in MD at least. I highly recommend the KP-9 over the AK-V.

For the reasons being:
    It's a 1:1 clone of the Russian Vityaz based on the actual TDPs
    It has an out of battery safety
    It has a 5.5mm folding rear trunnion which adds a bit of value, especially if you decide to add Zenitco parts or other mods.
    Softer recoiling than the AK-V and Scorpion

L4pz160.jpg

Here it is running with a tri-lugged Form 1 suppressor with 5 rounds of supers and subs
    https://imgur.com/QnIjYO3

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    It's funny to see this thread come back up. I never got the AK-V and got the KP-9 instead, I had to submit it to the roster way back with the help of my FFL. I ended up getting the first one in MD at least. I highly recommend the KP-9 over the AK-V.

For the reasons being:
    It has a 5.5mm folding rear trunnion which adds a bit of value, especially if you decide to add Zenitco parts or other mods.

Here it is running with a tri-lugged Form 1 suppressor with 5 rounds of supers and subs

I keep going back and forth on the PSA AK-V and the KP-9.

The KP-9 has had better all around reviews and is the closer Russian Vityaz clone.

But, the KP-9 uses proprietary magazines and the AK-V uses Scorpion mags.

That is hard to overlook. There are multiple mag manufactures plus drums etc. for the scorpion style. I can't see running out of those. Scorpion magazines have had issues from some manufactures but the magazine quality will improve with aftermarket companies.

My point is that Scorpion magazines will likely be easy to get for a long time, especially due to many firearms are using them.

I don't know. Just thinking out loud. I am leaning toward the KP-9 right now. It's not super high on my priorities at this point. Lot's of them are still available on GB for list price.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I built this little 9mm a few years back for just in case I got into a firefight in a phone booth.

It's a PAK-9 with a few upgrades. It takes Glock magazines.

Attachments

• 20191218_071756.2.jpg
      20191218_071756.2.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 107
    • 20191218_071956.2.jpg
      20191218_071956.2.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 110

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I built this little 9mm a few years back for just in case I got into a firefight in a phone booth.

It's a PAK-9 with a few upgrades. It takes Glock magazines.

Man. I love the industrial look of this thing.
    Much like the "grease gun" was designed to look like a tool in the Tanker's tool bag, this would fit right in with a bunch of stuff in the bed of a work truck. :thumbsup:

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    Do you know if PSA has fixed the out of battery issue that they had with the AKV's early on? I was under the impression that they had worked all out of the kinks when they re-released it mid 2019. I could be wrong though.
    See video here:

[YT]FJ3S2XCDwCY[/YT]

For the reasons being:

L4pz160.jpg

https://imgur.com/QnIjYO3

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    To me it looks like Palmetto State Armory really stepped up and made things right with the AKV. That's why I bought one. I personally haven't had a single issue with mine and it will eat anything and everything!

They are both very close in price though. I'll probably end up getting a KP-9 as well because hell why not?

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I keep going back and forth on the PSA AK-V and the KP-9.

The KP-9 has had better all around reviews and is the closer Russian Vityaz clone.

But, the KP-9 uses proprietary magazines and the AK-V uses Scorpion mags.

That is hard to overlook. There are multiple mag manufactures plus drums etc. for the scorpion style. I can't see running out of those. Scorpion magazines have had issues from some manufactures but the magazine quality will improve with aftermarket companies.

My point is that Scorpion magazines will likely be easy to get for a long time, especially due to many firearms are using them.

I don't know. Just thinking out loud. I am leaning toward the KP-9 right now. It's not super high on my priorities at this point. Lot's of them are still available on GB for list price.

Well, my wife surprised me and said that I could buy a gun for my birthday. She also told me that I had to keep it to around $1000ish. There are a bunch of guns on my list, I thought it was finally time to get me a Vityaz clone.

Both the KP-9 and AK-V have quality materials and forged parts where they need to be. Both are reported to be good, reliable shooters. I decided to go with the PSA AK-V and here is why.

PSA AK-V has a standard handguard with other AK platforms. The KP-9 faux gas tube is standard size but the actual handguard is unique to the KP-9.

PSA AK-V has a metal magwell. The KP-9 has a plastic magwell. I know that the original Russian Vityaz had a plastic magwell also.

PSA AK-V has a last round hold open and bolt release feature. The KP-9 just goes click when you are out of ammo just like the original.

PSA AK-V has a shelf welded in below and behind the magazine to prevent a misfired round from falling into the fire control group.

The PSA AK-V base gun was roughly $200 cheaper.

The PSA AK-V comes with either a picatinny rail or an AR style tube adaptor to put on a brace or whatever. The KP-5 has a built in original style hinge.

The biggest advantage by far is the PSA AK-V takes CZ Scorpion EVO magazines. These are cheap and readily available, everywhere. The KP-9 has a proprietary magazine that may or may not be available in a few years and cost about twice as much while in full production. They won't get any cheaper later.

PSA AK-V doesn't have an out of battery safety and the KP-5 does. This is about the only con that I could see on the AK-V and I am not convinced it is a real big deal. Would I rather have an out of battery safety? Yes. Is it a deal-breaker for me? No.

Both have a few advantages and a few disadvantages. Most are really personal preferences.

Bottom line, if you want a purist Russian Vityaz clone, get the Kalashnikov USA KP-9.

If you want an improved Russian Vityaz clone that still has close cues from the original, get the Palmetto State Armory AK-V.

Included pictures are of the one I ordered. I will take actual pictures when the firearm arrives.

Attachments

• 5655103933_1.jpg
      5655103933_1.jpg
      29.9 KB · Views: 186
    • 5655103933_2.jpg
      5655103933_2.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 177

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Also, on the PSA AK-V , safety is enhanced in a way that it allows easier On/ Off with trigger finger. KR/P-9 is standard AK safety.
    I have Carbine version of both models and I like triangle stock on KR9 with push button. For AK-V I swapped the M4 adapter for an East German wire folder.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I have this one that I purchased eleven 30R mags for, never even fired the thing once. Did some upgrades, cool stock, brace and SLR Linear comp. Bought it for looks more than function. My pistol and ARP9 both take glock mags so thats my home set up. Thinking of throwing it on gunbroker and see what I can get.

Attachments

• A30080EB-35C3-4ACB-B11A-39C15EF8E43F.jpg
      A30080EB-35C3-4ACB-B11A-39C15EF8E43F.jpg
      127.8 KB · Views: 182

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have this one that I purchased eleven 30R mags for, never even fired the thing once. Did some upgrades, cool stock, brace and SLR Linear comp. Bought it for looks more than function. My pistol and ARP9 both take glock mags so thats my home set up. Thinking of throwing it on gunbroker and see what I can get.

Is this the KP or the PSA offering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom