• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    In case anyone is doing any home improvement projects soon, get/keep the larger cement board screw buckets (Home Depot, not sure if the brands Lowe’s or others carry are the same brand or come in similar plastic buckets).

The buckets are robust and seems to be just about the perfect size for about 400, maybe close to 500 rounds of 9mm. I assume that equates to about 200+ .223 or some amount of any other reasonable (50BMG need not apply) caliber.

Full weight isn’t ridiculous and the bucket itself is pretty sturdy. Not sure it would hold up to being dropped 5ft on to concrete without breaking (it would certainly pop the lid off). But I did accidentally knock it off my reloading bench just now, 36” down on to my concrete floor and the lid don’t pop off even (it did land straight down. On its side or upside down would probably pop the lid off and spill things everywhere).

Anyway, nice container to reload in to and take to the range. Throw in a bigger ammo can to segregate ammo or just tote on its own. The handle will hold up to the weight.

PS yes I know it is sad/not full. Working on it. I almost emptied it at the range over the weekend (it was only 3/4 full) and loaded up another 100 9mm just now. Plan to have to filled to the brim by the end of the weekend. Time permitting. There is about 180 rounds in the container right now.

Attachments

• 2BAA50FF-27DE-4157-A5E9-C33A4ABC4391.jpg
      2BAA50FF-27DE-4157-A5E9-C33A4ABC4391.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 258

chriskat

Nov 1, 2009
    Did you buy the shelves for storing die holders etc? Or did you build them? I'd like to have something like that.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Did you buy the shelves for storing die holders etc? Or did you build them? I'd like to have something like that.

Inline manufacturing. They make rails to mount to the wall in a couple lengths and then accessories that mount to it. I’ve got lee turrets, but they make them for most man or manufacturer’s turret presses. As well as nice things like paper towel holders and what not. Eventually I am going to mount cabinets about the shelves.

Pardon the mess, been busy and finally started doing some reloading recently after a 3 months break (about 350 9mm in 4 days. Need to setup my Lee App and swage out around 1400 primer pockets in 223 and 5.56 and start loading some 55/62gr plinking loads)

Attachments

• EC3B5D5A-2CDC-43A2-9DF0-D96AA975BFBF.jpg
      EC3B5D5A-2CDC-43A2-9DF0-D96AA975BFBF.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads