• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    I called every shop within 45 minutes of Essex and no one has any. I bought 2 boxes from HNP muzzleloading, but they are full power shotgun primers, and the primer head bulges out when struck and is jamming my break action on my MZ.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    I called every shop within 45 minutes of Essex and no one has any. I bought 2 boxes from HNP muzzleloading, but they are full power shotgun primers, and the primer head bulges out when struck and is jamming my break action on my MZ.

I have 500 I’d like to sell. PM me if interested.

K

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    How long have they been hard to find? I have plenty for myself but feel like I passed over a bunch of them about 2 months ago.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If I find some 209 muzzle loader primers in my stash, wanna trade for the shotgun primers you have?
    I think I have some.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Welcome to the real world. Shotgun primers have been non-existent since last fall. Not to mention major $$$$ if you could find them. Target loads were non-existent up until May-June, when small amounts became available, but have gone missing again since about July.

Lack of ammo is hurting clays ranges pretty bad. When were BP shooters going to discover this has been a topic at our clays shoots all summer.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I actually use pretty hot shotgun primers in my muzzleloader. Fed 209A or CCI 209 Magnum. That is actually what the manual suggests.

Now that I think about it, maybe it is time to finally bite the bullet and get a T/C Encore muzzleloader. Have always wanted one.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I actually use pretty hot shotgun primers in my muzzleloader. Fed 209A or CCI 209 Magnum. That is actually what the manual suggests.

Now that I think about it, maybe it is time to finally bite the bullet and get a T/C Encore muzzleloader. Have always wanted one.

Once you have an Encore, barrels are like potato chips you can't have just one.
    For example:
    https://www.bullberrylegacy.com/oldcustom-encore-barrels

Last edited:

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Just received a shipment of Cheddite 209 primers. All I need is 200 of them. So I have 800 available to trade or sell at what I paid for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom