• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Oh, yes, indeed. :party29: I had no idea before, how much the support (and comfort) of a proper gun belt gives.

In fact, I own several -- Nexbelt and Kore Essentials. Unfortunately the buckles don't interchange.

I wear one all day every day. My leather OWB holster has belt snaps of the correct size, and my mag pouch has a clip; so they're pretty easy to clip on and off when I go out.

I had no idea either. My duty rig was a kydex inner belt and a hybrid outer belt that was quite stiff. When I went to investigations, I tried using regular belts and they were horrible. I switched to gun belts and it was an amazing difference. I'll never go back, even when I don't carry anymore!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A major reason to always have at least one spare mag is NOT particularly the round count . It IS a bout malfunction clearance .

A Good Belt , and a reasonably suitable holster is important , in that order .

Concealment is More about clothing than the guns .

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    A major reason to always have at least one spare mag is NOT particularly the round count . It IS a bout malfunction clearance .

Yup, as I wrote in Post #17.

We're getting way off the subject of this thread, but again, my EDC is a Sig P290RS -- not only because of the size, but because I'm not 100% comfortable with striker-fired guns (I don't want to start an argument -- I just prefer a long initial trigger pull). The P290RS is a DAO, which isn't ideal either; but I can't find a 9mm DA/SA gun in this size these days.

I didn't like carrying it with the stock 6-rd mag; not only because of the round count, but because it didn't provide a good-enough grip. My hand are rather small, but I do like getting all my fingers on the grip.

So I carry it with the 8-rd extended mag. It still conceals very well, really hugging my waist; and the grip is great.

On the other hand, for my spare mag, i tried carrying another 8-rd mag; but it was really uncomfortable, pinching particularly when I didn't have a t-shirt underneath it. So my spare mag is one of the original 6-rounders. Again, not for the round count, just to have a spare mag in case of mag malfunction. I can't even feel it's there.

20211017_125954.jpg

Concealment is More about clothing than the guns .

I'd agree with that. But you have to balance between several factors -- the gun, concealability, comfort, and the clothes you typically wear or are willing to wear. No universal solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom