• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, I purchased this foe $10 at a show a month or so ago but finally slipped my Yugo into it
    Well it was sold as a Yugo Tokarev holster and I marked it as such but flap no bueno
    You can see that it’s short by a half inch or so to close and lock the flap

Before I start searching anyone care to tell what it’s for? Seems like it would need to be for a pistol with a shorter barrel than the Yugo Tokarev

OR, maybe this thing is so dry and hard it needs to be softened up to stretch? (ughh, I fear I'm setting myself up here)

2350b6eba30ba1fda610889374f3548a.jpg

10fd28d48152650572805e24a74193ce.jpg

e6e739ffc178e4cc63d3abd6d921572e.jpg

779c879e8b6e9a97456481e8e873a622.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2012
    The mag pouch is a little perplexing, it looks really wide for a small/medium pistol magazine but too short for a "big" pistol.
    And it's got two loops at the "leading edge" for a cleaning rod which is kind of a Russkie thing so maybe Makarov?
    It doesn't match pics of Mak holsters but there are a ton of different variants.

Jul 1, 2012
    The Tok is too big (pistol and mag) for that holster. Mags never stick up like that. The flap under the butt in this pic is supposed to come up and over the grip to protect it. That's an E.G. thing typically.

Attachments

• holster2.jpg
      holster2.jpg
      94.2 KB · Views: 193
    • holster.jpg
      holster.jpg
      88.6 KB · Views: 190

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'll try my Beretta 1935.
    I don't have a cz52
    Looking at more Tok pics, it sure looks like one with some differences in those darn studs on the back.
    I messed with it some more and I can get the holster in deeper and also the mag. I think the holster might have shrunk over time?

Jul 1, 2012
    So, I purchased this foe $10 at a show a month or so ago but finally slipped my Yugo into it
    Well it was sold as a Yugo Tokarev holster and I marked it as such but flap no bueno

Derp. I totally missed that. The M57 grip is longer so that's why the side flap doesn't fit over the frame, and the mag is too long for the pouch - which prevents the flap from being secured. So it's probably a standard Soviet TT-33 holster not a You-go M57 holster.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Derp. I totally missed that. The M57 grip is longer so that's why the side flap doesn't fit over the frame, and the mag is too long for the pouch - which prevents the flap from being secured. So it's probably a standard Soviet TT-33 holster not a You-go M57 holster.

I"m starting to think that as well. But those rivets and the metal strap loops has me stumped

Jul 1, 2012
    Did they throw you for a loop? LOL.

The metal rings look like they may have been scabbed on, they're a little too small for the leather belt loops.
    The 4 rivets may have been added later also, looks like there was a strap attached there at one time.

A CZ-52 may fit, but it's not an issue holster for one, looking at the Czech Cold War pistols book by James Brown (not that JB).

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Here are some photos showing various holster "issues" with different guns mentioned in this thread. First is the "big picture" showing on the left from the top a garden variety TT33, plus since it was mentioned upthread a CZ model 52, and an M57 all with their respective mags. On the right we have two holsters, the darker one is I believe very similar to the OP's. Note that the two holsters are lined up to show the difference in the width of the flaps. More on that later.

I didn't take detailed photos, but standing all three together resting on the tops of the slides, the guns are almost identical in overall length but different in height. The 33 has the shortest grip (and mag) since it is only 8 rounds versus the longer 57 which holds 9 rounds. The 52's mag is between the other two in length but still only holds 8. The second pic shows the two holsters with the 33 in the darker holster and the 57 in the other one, both fit nicely and the flaps will close properly. Third is a closer view of the 33 in the smaller holster; note that everything fits. The last pic shows the same view with the 57 & its mag in the same holster. Everything is *just* enough bigger that the flap won't close on this combo, mostly due to the extra length of the mag. I have other holsters which will actually fit either the 33 or 57, but interestingly enough the only holster I have which fits the 52 is the lighter one in this post, because the grip is wide enough so the flap won't close properly on any of my other holsters.

Attachments

• big.jpg
      big.jpg
      68.8 KB · Views: 68
    • loaded.jpg
      loaded.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 61
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 58
    • 57.jpg
      57.jpg