NY Mayor predicts Waco-style standoffs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    "Most people are law-abiding citizens and may go ahead and sell those or turn those over, but you're going to have a fraction of people that are going to take a stand, and I can just predict a Waco-style standoff in some rural area and it's not going to end well," Gloversville, New York Mayor Dayton King (R) said about New York state's new gun control laws that Gov. Cuomo recently signed into law.

Well, you are damn right Sir! Only the sheep will turn over.:party29:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/01/17/new_york_mayor_warns_of_waco-style_standoff_over_gun_control_laws.html

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Why don't the county Sheriff's in NY stand up to the new tyrrany?

The NYS police back the politicians and the good sheriff's have long left, I have known a few that made their way south. Guess the soapbox, ballot box have failed them when the jury box fail, I'm sure it will there will be much anger in western NY.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    The Mayor's hindsight is a bit myopic. He should proceed from recollecting WACO to remembering Oklahoma City. Timothy McVeigh was a murderer who killed innocent children and who deserved to die. But he was triggered by the government's actions at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Rural New Yorkers aren't like the liberal, urbanite New Yorkers, and I don't think they're going to tolerate much in the way of confiscations. I suspect more than a few of them, rather than waiting for a knock at the door, will decide to "be the one who knocks" instead.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    The leftists like Gloomboig all seem to think that everyone will wait meekly at home with knees knocking, just waiting for the stack to arrive. Maybe they would. As usual, none of the douchbags that enact the "laws" are willing to step up and lead the raids themselves. They will send other peoples husbands, brothers etc, and wring their hands and wail if it all goes wrong. I hope the LEOs in NY will re think their position, or maybe their career choices. Hate to see the innocent punished due to the actions of the criminals.... Oh wait... I think I see a pattern here.

Jesse in Rockville
    2nd generation NRA life member
    GOA member

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    NY politicians should think about that statement.
    It's probably bad law, when you have to kill law abiding citizens to enforce it.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I doubt the swat team is gonna come in shooting at grannie's trailer. More likely, police will be dropping in at local ranges, handing out tickets and confiscating Mag's.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm conviced a small fraction of the members here deep down *want* this to happen. Several have made their way to this thread already.

So they can justify to themselfs how tacticool they are.

Who dreams up and promotes a shoot out with anyone...let alone the military/police.

Here's a hint....no matter how many family members you have on your compound...there's more police/military who are far more trained then you think you are. Just food for thought...regardless of where you stand on the topic.

I for one dont not see door to door confiscation.

It will happen as they are transported, at repair shops, and when crimes occur.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    The Doctrine of the Three Percent.
    The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it.

And we will.

There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.

You cannot convince us.

You cannot intimidate us.

You can try to kill us, if you think you can.

But remember, we’ll shoot back .

We are not going away.

We are not backing up another inch.

And there are THREE MILLION OF US.

Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.

Your move

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

The Doctrine of the Three Percent.
    The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it.

And we will.

There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.

You cannot convince us.

You cannot intimidate us.

You can try to kill us, if you think you can.

But remember, we’ll shoot back .

We are not going away.

We are not backing up another inch.

And there are THREE MILLION OF US.

Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.

Your move

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

I'm with you brother ... If no one stands up now ! They will run right over us ,,, not this white boy , nope ....

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms,
    but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life
    and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    The cause of liberty, the cause of American, cannot succeed with any lesser effort."

- President John F. Kennedy

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'm conviced a small fraction of the members here deep down *want* this to happen. Several have made their way to this thread already.

So they can justify to themselfs how tacticool they are.

Who dreams up and promotes a shoot out with anyone...let alone the military/police.

Here's a hint....no matter how many family members you have on your compound...there's more police/military who are far more trained then you think you are. Just food for thought...regardless of where you stand on the topic.

I for one dont not see door to door confiscation.

It will happen as they are transported, at repair shops, and when crimes occur.

Keep thinkin that!

Not every dumb ole country boy isnt as simple as you think :toothless

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Keep thinkin that!

Not every dumb ole country boy isnt as simple as you think :toothless

Oh I'd put money that not everyone is as dumb as I think...but most are if not dumber.

To my knowledge there is only one "stand off" where the guy is still out roaming around....the Sheriff decided it wasnt worth the headache to go after the guy. Everyone other one...well you know how it's ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom