NY Mayor predicts Waco-style standoffs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    No one WANTS to "shoot it out with the police". However, some folks don't want to be disarmed slaves of the .gov either. LEOs that will kill their fellow CITIZENS over something that was not illegal last month are also hoping it will happen. Not all cops are bad apples by any means. Betcha that Hitlers gaulieters thought that too. The cops get a pass on laws like this (unless they work in NY....). The reality is the citizen is the first person that faces any threat. And we face exactly the same threats that they do.So why are so all fired up to reduce our ability to meet that threat? Why would any decent US citizen, LEO or not be willing to raid another citizens home to dis arm them at the whim of some temporary politicians in the first place?

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    The liberals WANT this to happen. Please don't give the progressives more "ammo". We have the truth and the constitution on our side. Why didn't Obongo issue a ban? He knows they can't touch it. Hope cooler heads prevail on this issue. Just wait a few weeks and they will get bored. Lets keep our cool. If there is a National 2A, Blue Helmet problem, THEN it will be time.

This needs to be fought at local levels.(for now).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Oh I'd put money that not everyone is as dumb as I think...but most are if not dumber.

To my knowledge there is only one "stand off" where the guy is still out roaming around....the Sheriff decided it wasnt worth the headache to go after the guy. Everyone other one...well you know how it's ended.

Weaver from Ruby ridge

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I'm conviced a small fraction of the members here deep down *want* this to happen. Several have made their way to this thread already.

So they can justify to themselfs how tacticool they are.

Who dreams up and promotes a shoot out with anyone...let alone the military/police.

Here's a hint....no matter how many family members you have on your compound...there's more police/military who are far more trained then you think you are. Just food for thought...regardless of where you stand on the topic.

I for one dont not see door to door confiscation.

It will happen as they are transported, at repair shops, and when crimes occur.

Go ahead and give up your guns fudd.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    The NYS police back the politicians and the good sheriff's have long left, I have known a few that made their way south. Guess the soapbox, ballot box have failed them when the jury box fail, I'm sure it will there will be much anger in western NY.

While some "good" police make their way out of NY the overwhelming majority of "bad" police come from NY and other liberal shit holes

I've met quite a few of them at various ranges over the last 20 years and many of them move to more rural states thinking that they have something to "offer" to a quiet rural town.....many of them get a pretty rude awakening

Others move to smaller/quieter towns in the hope of escaping the pace/severity of crime in cities

Ultimately though most police that move from Liberal/Progressive shitholes are ultimately like liberals that move to rural/conservative areas

They get fed up with the mess they've contributed to (Big Gov Progressivism and Authoritarian LEO approaches to issues) and seek to "Escape" to a better place....only to bring their failed approaches with them....ultimately they end up "polluting" the place they moved to with their big gov authoritatian attitudes

I don't mean to paint all police officers with this broad brush so by all means don't take it that way.....but a lot of you guys know exactly what I'm talking about

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Pretty sad to hear a NY official make a prediction like this.

When I hear a statement like that the first thing I think of is excessive gov overstepping its powers and instigating a conflict with largely peaceful citizens that just want to be left alone.

Not sure he understands what actually happened at Waco and what a fustercluck it was by the Feds.

Instead of simply arresting Koresh away from the compound when they had the chance the Feds instead went full retard and instigated a full blown conflict.

It was such an unnecessary offensive action on the part of bad leadership in ATF/Etc

Celtic159

Nov 27, 2008
    Poolesville
    Not sure he understands what actually happened at Waco and what a fustercluck it was by the Feds.

Instead of simply arresting Koresh away from the compound when they had the chance the Feds instead went full retard and instigated a full blown conflict.

It was such an unnecessary offensive action on the part of bad leadership in ATF/Etc

But the official narrative is that Koresh forced the confrontation. And he was a lunatic. And a pedo. And a religious fanatic. And so on, and so on. Talk to the average person about Waco, and they don't think the government did anything wrong. The fiasco was whitewashed by a compliant media.

Most people have no idea what Ruby Ridge is.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    What would happen, just for shits and grins, if TX sent their national guard to protect the rights of NYers. Yes, of course there is no chance it would happen. But if it did, this would stop where it started and the politicians would lose. Just musing...

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    But the official narrative is that Koresh forced the confrontation. And he was a lunatic. And a pedo. And a religious fanatic. And so on, and so on. Talk to the average person about Waco, and they don't think the government did anything wrong. The fiasco was whitewashed by a compliant media.

Most people have no idea what Ruby Ridge is.

Koresh may have been crazy by some standards but its pretty clear they were not looking for a fight......bad leadership in ATF picked the fight by surrounding the compound and giving them no options

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Are their parallels to our war in Afghanistan? The best equipped army in the world can't win against rag tag jehadist groups. Probably not. The insurgents have not much to loose and everything to win.

Maybe closer to the American revolution. Anyhow, how did the gun grab go down in other countries over the course of history?

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    "The great glory of America is the right to protest for right." Martin Luther King.
    We must stand together and use every lawful option at our disposal to insure that right triumphs and freedom prevails. We must be slow to anger and sure in the steps we take.
    Be not boastful in speach, but measure our words. Stand united and enemies of freedom can not win.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Go ahead and give up your guns fudd.

Fudd lol.

Okay buddy.

Sorry I'm not jumping on the radical bandwagon hoping to shoot it out with the imaginary police force that hasnt come to take my guns yet.

Fudd...haha...the cloest thing I have to a Fudd gun is my 870 tactical.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    The Doctrine of the Three Percent.
    The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it.
    And there are THREE MILLION OF US.
    My math says 3% of the population is NINE million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom