NY Mayor predicts Waco-style standoffs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randian

Jan 13, 2012
    Way more than the 800K LEOs
    True, but probably irrelevant. LE doesn't have to attack gunowners en masse to obtain compliance:

1) going house to house and making examples of a few (including killing their dogs and maybe them too) is probably sufficient to force the rest in line

2) if it isn't, it's easy for LE to do something like interdict food shipments into a city. Plenty of manpower for that if they also stop prosecuting crime. The other 97% are going to blame gunowners for the chaos, not LE, and demand they surrender. Game over for gunowners (and the 2A) if they attack LE to stop the siege instead of surrendering.

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    "The great glory of America is the right to protest for right." Martin Luther King.
    We must stand together and use every lawful option at our disposal to insure that right triumphs and freedom prevails. We must be slow to anger and sure in the steps we take.
    Be not boastful in speach, but measure our words. Stand united and enemies of freedom can not win.

We need to stay calm. We need to speak with only the facts and have the evidence to back up our statements.

We are all part of the same team. The one that wants to see our 2A right left alone and not infringed upon. Lets not attack each other and lets stay focused on reality and not possibilities. We cannot allow ourselves to stray down a path of make believe scenarios. We all know what we will have to do if a situation arises.

We do not need to show our hand, we only need to voice our concerns and opinions in protest of the unconstitutional actions of those we have appointed to public office.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Fudd lol.

Okay buddy.

Sorry I'm not jumping on the radical bandwagon hoping to shoot it out with the imaginary police force that hasnt come to take my guns yet.

Fudd...haha...the cloest thing I have to a Fudd gun is my 870 tactical.

It's simple. When they come for your guns are you going to give them up or resist tyranny? I guess doing what the damn founders of the country did is too RADICAL for you. Go ahead and try to explain how not resisting an authoritarian government is radical and we should just comply.

// No such thing as fudd guns. Just attitudes. Yours is that of one exactly. Feel free to think otherwise.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Most people have no idea what Ruby Ridge is.

Weaver sued the government for wrongful death and won. Anyone who doesn't know about Ruby Ridge needs to watch the movie (the library might have it). I think NY will see more Ruby Ridge than Waco.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Just think about this for a minute. Waco was a compound. Most households have 1 or 2 gun owners and maybe a kid or two that know how to shoot. If a SWAT team hit the house it would be over in minutes.

This might happen 2 or 3 times before folks would ambush the police that drive through their neighborhood. There would be anarchy and the real fear of a Waco style standoff would be at the NY legislature buildings. I just don't see this happening.

:tinfoil:

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    True, but probably irrelevant. LE doesn't have to attack gunowners en masse to obtain compliance:

1) going house to house and making examples of a few (including killing their dogs and maybe them too) is probably sufficient to force the rest in line

2) if it isn't, it's easy for LE to do something like interdict food shipments into a city. Plenty of manpower for that if they also stop prosecuting crime. The other 97% are going to blame gunowners for the chaos, not LE, and demand they surrender. Game over for gunowners (and the 2A) if they attack LE to stop the siege instead of surrendering.

/sigh

This just makes me sad. So much unreality expressed here.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    How many gang members, druggies, drug dealers, etc will be turning in their weapons? Why is there so little speculation on compliance among the "professional" criminal class from the media? After all, 99% of the deaths from violent attacks are committed by people with a criminal past (and present!).

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    This from the Schuyler County Sheriff

I have heard from many people over the past few days regarding New York's new gun law. I want to assure every resident of Schuyler County, that neither myself, nor any Deputy Sheriff from the Schuyler County Sheriff's Office will be coming to take your firearms from you. I believe in our rights under the Second Amendment, and the protections or our citizens under the Fourth Amendment. I do support portions of the new law such as penalties for killing our First Responders, and protecting our schools. This law was rushed through the State Legislature, without the time period needed for rebuttle and discussion by both sides of the issue. I hope that the way that this law was presented and passed, isn't the new "norm" in Albany. I want to thank our local representatives Senator Tom O'Mara and Assemblyman Phil Palmesano for voting "No" and protecting our rights.

Thank you. - Sheriff Bill Yessman

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I am NOT looking forward to the possibility of this.

You think it's bad now, wait till that shit starts. That will prob lead to real national confiscation.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Local sheriffs opposed to the law doesn't really matter when the federal ATF comes to raid you.

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    Just think about this for a minute. Waco was a compound. Most households have 1 or 2 gun owners and maybe a kid or two that know how to shoot. If a SWAT team hit the house it would be over in minutes.

This might happen 2 or 3 times before folks would ambush the police that drive through their neighborhood. There would be anarchy and the real fear of a Waco style standoff would be at the NY legislature buildings. I just don't see this happening.

:tinfoil:

It will only take one or two LE getting hurt from home owners before the LE won't want anything to do with going door to door. They have families too and want to go home to them.

And I think you are correct in saying that it will start something huge with the public attacting LE. I really don't understand why the Government to whom work for us can't think of things turing into a cival war. It's almost as if they want these awful things to happen.

Say it aint so.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    My math says 3% of the population is NINE million.

Ok this will explaine the three million

What is a "Three Percenter"?
    During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any futher circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril. To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone. Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It's simple. When they come for your guns are you going to give them up or resist tyranny? I guess doing what the damn founders of the country did is too RADICAL for you. Go ahead and try to explain how not resisting an authoritarian government is radical and we should just comply.

// No such thing as fudd guns. Just attitudes. Yours is that of one exactly. Feel free to think otherwise.

Oh yeah guy...boy do you have it all figured out.

When you wonder why there isnt normal CCW laws in this state and they seemingly pass whatever liberal agenda they want every year just look in the mirror.

This type of non sense dreaming about a shoot out against .gov to save your rights is what puts off A LOT of middle ground folks.

Why not wait and see what happens and go from there before digging a fake trench and acting like you are prepared to lay your life down over a gun that they likely wont even be coming to get.

A lot of Call of Duty going on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom