NY Mayor predicts Waco-style standoffs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R357

Jun 23, 2009
    Upper Marlboro
    Only time will tell if the mayors predictions are accurate. However given how this law was rushed through and the fact that it enables confiscation, I wouldn't bet against him.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Oh yeah guy...boy do you have it all figured out.

When you wonder why there isnt normal CCW laws in this state and they seemingly pass whatever liberal agenda they want every year just look in the mirror.

This type of non sense dreaming about a shoot out against .gov to save your rights is what puts off A LOT of middle ground folks.

Why not wait and see what happens and go from there before digging a fake trench and acting like you are prepared to lay your life down over a gun that they likely wont even be coming to get.

A lot of Call of Duty going on here.

Or maybe he just likes to read history books.

And you know what? I'm sick of the middle ground folks. They are the ones who got us into this mess. At least most liberals are consistently radical. The middle ground people don't really stand for anything and you have to bow down to them to get their votes/support. It's all emotion with them, no facts. If you're going to vote the other way because you don't like someone's demeanor, what do you stand for? I'm sick of dealing with the middle ground. No more.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    nice to know that laws you sign into law will inevitably end up with human casualties (Waco style at that!). . .which is ironic since these new "laws" were passed to prevent human casualties.

Oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . or better, a select group of people deserve to live for now and another class deserves to die. Sadly, people may have to die for this. Remember though, they WILL be heroes because it will be through their deaths that we take this country back.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Local sheriffs opposed to the law doesn't really matter when the federal ATF comes to raid you.

Jesus, are you even on this planet mentally? Luke Skywalker just texted me and told me another Star Wars is in the works.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy 3 or iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I am a father,grandfather,husband. The last thing in the world that I want is for the the crap to hit the fan. I truly hope that in New York the people can rally and get this turned over before anyone gets hurt whether a citizen or cop. I hope that the believers of the second amendment can rally to stop the nonsense coming from Annapolis. Until the moment comes that I face the situation of being forced to disarm, I can only say that I hope my choice allows me to not only face myself in the mirror, but more importantly my family.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    It will only take one or two LE getting hurt from home owners before the LE won't want anything to do with going door to door. They have families too and want to go home to them.

And I think you are correct in saying that it will start something huge with the public attacting LE. I really don't understand why the Government to whom work for us can't think of things turing into a cival war. It's almost as if they want these awful things to happen.

Say it aint so.

Actually it is planned. In Cloward and Piven's plan to create dependants and bankruptcy through welfare spending. They planned that when the gravy train went broke the starving dependant zombies would rampage. The only way to save us from our selves would be a Stalinistic dictatorship.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    You know its funny...... I was just talking to a guy at work who I butt heads with a lot since they created a psudo-management position for him. I asked him why couldnt he do something as opposed to the guy they gave the work to.... (This is about giving the work to the hourly guy and not the straight commission guy since this "manager" is not salary" He said its not in his job description. I said well you do whatever they tell you to. You can either do it, or quit and walk out. Those are your and my options.......... Its not right for my boss to tell me to work for free but my options are to stand up for what is right and quit or take it and do the work.

I then likened it to this situation. I said my wife and I had talked about moving out of MD once she finished her PhD this year. Its a hard decision since we have a house near my parents and I have a good job. I said I have thought about Molon Labe if they ever came to my door. I said I have a decision to make, stand my ground for what is right and most likely die in a shoot out, or put my tail between my legs and turn them in. Now that I have a daughter its a much harder decision. I think about not getting to see her grow up and me not being there for her. Then I think about the men who left their families in 1776 and never returned. They must be stronger men than me but if I weigh my options one becomes more clear. If my choices are now die or move, all of a sudden the pain in the ass of packing up and selling my house, finding another one, and another job etc dont seem so bad. Move or die..... its not that hard.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    Pray for the best....and PREPARE for the worst

just like any other "diaster" natural, man made or other

Last edited:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    When are people going to learn that the solution to this kind of stupidity is to vote with your dollars and your FEET

I realize that is difficult but when things get to the point that they are in NY the only solution is to starve the beast.

If you think that politicians in NY are going to listen to its citizens at this point you're smoking something funny.

A significant exodus of people to a pro liberty state/battleground state will result in two major outcomes.

First is more immediate......a reduction in revenue to Gov....this has the two fold impact of reducing revenue to local, county and state gov while also shifting the ratio of productive/welfare population in the state

Second takes more time......a decrease in population means fewer representatives in Congress......thus reducing the power of delegations like NY, California and other liberal shitholes

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    NO ONE "wants" this to happen.
    The fact of the matter is this....99.9999% of gun owners just want to be left the f**k alone, so they can get together with friends, and shoot paper targets. That's it.
    Most of these events don't happen, unless there is an environment created for them to "happen".
    It's like poking a dog with a stick.
    Let's say you have 10 dogs in a pen. If you continually poke them with sticks, sooner or later one is going to bite you. Guess what, if you leave them alone and walk by, they leave you alone.
    If they react, is off to the pound or put to sleep.
    That is exactly what they want, and exactly what we don't need.
    They are capitalizing on last month, and will do practically anything to keep the gun control train rolling.
    They know most people have the attention span of a gnat nowadays, and they want to keep this issue fresh in everyone's minds.
    All the veterans (about 4 dozen at work), LEOs (many) and Active duty folks I know are on OUR side.
    They are US and many are on this site as well.
    For this mayor (undoubtedly one of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns) to spew this garbage from his pie hole, is a window into exactly how these trolls think, and shows how arrogant and ignorant they are.
    All they are doing is poking the dogs with sticks hoping for a reaction.
    The best thing we can do is be civil, give them no ammunition against us, let public interest wane and beat them using their own system.
    They key to beating these trolls is exactly what we are doing, writing and calling, because the unemployment line is a scary thing nowadays, for a politician with no other skills, than being a politician.
    Very well said, 100% agree :thumbsup:

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    Oh yeah guy...boy do you have it all figured out.

When you wonder why there isnt normal CCW laws in this state and they seemingly pass whatever liberal agenda they want every year just look in the mirror.

This type of non sense dreaming about a shoot out against .gov to save your rights is what puts off A LOT of middle ground folks.

Why not wait and see what happens and go from there before digging a fake trench and acting like you are prepared to lay your life down over a gun that they likely wont even be coming to get.

A lot of Call of Duty going on here.

I don't wanna pick sides or anything, but that call of duty line had me cracking the hell up!

Braxtonian

Dec 10, 2010
    Greencastle, PA
    What would happen, just for shits and grins, if TX sent their national guard to protect the rights of NYers. Yes, of course there is no chance it would happen. But if it did, this would stop where it started and the politicians would lose. Just musing...

National Guard can no longer be used to protect us against the feds, as the constitution gives POTUS the right to call into the service of the US the militia of the states, at which point he becomes their commander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom