WARNING ORDER! Attention D-12B residents (Columbia)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Prolly 5:1 against.

But, nobody is speaking up in favor of gun control. Everyone else speaking is talking about other bills.

And I've got flyers to hand out. B^)

EDIT: Interesting observation: most of the people she's called on to speak she's called by name. We're in a room full of Delegate Bobo's friends.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Good!

I'm sure they are discussing more pressing matters such as the mating habits of the Lake Kittamaquindi Carpenter Beetle during the Vernal Equinox.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Guys...i am so sorry....i had to stay late at work...this sequestration ******** is eating up all of our time at .gov...my apologies.

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    Liz actually gave the mic up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      42.8 KB · Views: 126

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    A-yup. That's me. Someone asked me, not Delegate Bobo, a few questions and she gave up the mic.

I've been handing out pamphlets, including to a very nice lady named Anne on the school board who's actually seemingly on our side.

Last edited:

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Also, thanks to all the MSI and Maryland Shooters folks who stood up when I asked them to. I wasn't intending to put you folks on the spot, but I needed to prove my point about not being part of the gun lobby. B^)

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Nice job Ben and thanks for speaking up. I stood up to be counted when called upon, but I didn't get a chance to speak. I got the sense that anything I said would've fallen on deaf ears anyhow.

Bodo mentioned a 60:1 ratio of opposition v. support for gun control at a particular meeting, then quickly dismissed that it couldn't have been representative of MD. This tells me that our attendance meant nothing to her because she already has in her head the "numbers" she represents.

She couldn't even give details of the gun bill she supports and thought the Newtown shooting occurred in VA! What a moron.

I'm weary and in need of a stiff drink.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A-yup. That's me. Someone asked me, not Delegate Bobo, a few questions and she gave up the mic.

I've been handing out pamphlets, including to a very nice lady named Anne on the school board who's actually seemingly on our side.

Sounds like you did a great job, bro. I don't live in her district, but I work there. Next time I see Bobo at Lakeside Cafe I'll make sure to let her know how important the 2A is. I'll keep my eyes peeled in the Columbia Patch and Hoco Times to see if any of this made the papers.

I think "Anne" might be Ann DeLacy?? Don't know her well except that she loves unions (was pres of the Teachers Union at one point). Would be shocked if she's on our side.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think "Anne" might be Ann DeLacy?? Don't know her well except that she loves unions (was pres of the Teachers Union at one point). Would be shocked if she's on our side.

Correct. I sat next to her the entire evening. She's a severe anti but owns an inherited gun. We had a friendly conversation. She told me she had a gun but "didn't know how to put it together" and was afraid she might shoot someone if she got angry. [yes, she really said that] She also stood up to address the room regarding the mental health angle. (She told me at least three times, "I want background checks, that's what I want" and "I want to close the gun show loophole.") Regarding mental health, she said something to the effect of "yeah well you might be ok now but how do I know you're not going to lose your mind later and go crazy and kill people." Well, I guess the same way we know YOU won't lose your mind and run people over with your car or burn your neighbor's house down. The telling part of the evening for me was the fact the Liz Bobo is cosponsor of HB 294 - the House version of SB 281- and she knows precious little about anything in it. One of her opening remarks about assault weapons was that hardly anyone is murdered with an assault weapon. Duh.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    A bright side to last night , for me anyway, I took my kids with me and after had these conversations with them.

my son(16) says to me "I can't go to school tomorrow"
    me "why not"
    him "I'm allergic to stupidity, and that made me sick":lol2:

Daughter says "how can she make laws about stuff if she does not understand it?"

Bravo

Bravo
    Feb 18, 2013
    Howard County
    Hop along, you were very articulate last night and I for one was impressed. She wasn't going to call on me after I stood up in support of you , but you did a better job than any of us could do.

Bobo's most memorable comment was " speaking of guns, there was a bomb threat at the school today"'. She did seem generally frustrated that the senate bill wasn't a slam dunk and that minor concessions had to be made.

What was most shocking was the audience's impression that anyone could be a weapon with no background check. I was hoping to ask her how she could justify taxation to exercise a constitutional right, but that will have to wait. Everyone in the room spare the small pro gun crowd looked like they were late 50's and older.

Cheers....Bravo

Shaggy

Feb 8, 2013
    Westminster
    A bright side to last night , for me anyway, I took my kids with me and after had these conversations with them.

my son(16) says to me "I can't go to school tomorrow"
    me "why not"
    him "I'm allergic to stupidity, and that made me sick":lol2:

Daughter says "how can she make laws about stuff if she does not understand it?"

Sorry to say that your son will sick all the time if he follows MD politics.
    Oh, and good job with your kids and thanks for representing the 2A.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Hopalong. Great job speaking on the issues.

Del. Bobo will never change her position on gun control, windmills, etc. She is a throwback liberal from the 60's. I have lived in her district since 1986.

The big problem we face in Maryland is that the people in Maryland don't know what gun laws we already have in place. The governors panel at the Baltimore City Town Hall admitted that there isn't a gun show loophole in Maryland. The problem is, that the news talkers and politicians love to talk about there being a gun hole loophole.

The latest buzz word is Straw Purchases being the reason that we have to have permits in Maryland. The permit process according to the gun grabbers will discourage straw purchases. They said this back in 2010. The only problem with this argument is there weren't any known straw purchases. The bill failed in committee.

The only straw purchases that I have heard about is fast and furious sponsored by none other than the Obama administration. Gee, maybe the reason the Obama administration ran the Fast And Furious operation was so they could claim that straw purchases were a problem and start the draconian gun grabbing legislation. Wait a minute. He's already doing that! What a surprise!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom