• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Just tried to buy bulk Lake City 7.62 NATO on CTD, and upon checkout, a message:mad54: popped up saying: Cannot Ship Ammo to your city in Maryland. I tried several cities to no avail?. WTF is going on????

MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    I believe Annapolis and some other territories have local ordinances against mail-order ordinance. Yes, it's probably not legal since State law precludes it, but that isn't getting you your ammo any faster. There are a multitude of other suppliers as well.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Yep you are right... I haven't ordered Ammo from CTD in a few years. I live in Carroll County (no restrictions) and I get the same message --- looks like CTD doesn't want any Ammo business from Maryland. I'll keep buying from others on the web - don't need CTD.

RP

xdmdude

Oct 1, 2011
    Do you live in Annapolis or Montgomery county? Apparently there are some outdated ordinances that at one time banned internet sales of ammo to those places. I wouldn't buy anything from CTD anyway. They have some terrible business ethics. They have been unfriendly to Maryland for a long time. Two years ago I tried to buy a pump shotgun from then and they told me that it was not legal to ship to my state. What? A pump shotgun? On top of what they did last December they will never be seeing a dime if my money again. Carla has free shipping on orders over 99 right now and palmetto state alley has free shipping over 50. Good luck

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I agree with the why-deal-with-them-anyway opinions. A lot of their ammo prices I have seen, seem to not be "Cheaper Than Dirt" but more like "Expensive As Shit."

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I just looked out of curiosity and was told the same. So i sent them a nice email to tell them what I think of their policy. I can't wait to see if I get a response. Not that it matters in the end because I wouldn't give them the lint out of my pocket!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Capitalism is a wonderful thing. But these clowns redefined price gouging during the ammo crunch. They can ship whatever they might have available straight to hell for all I care. Feed 'em day old crab bait and buy elsewhere.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I'm guessing you were looking at the 1K round bulk pack of American Eagle? I picked up two 500 round cases of Federal last month at a slightly better price.

http://www.luckygunner.com/7-62x51mm-149-gr-fmj-xm80cs-federal-500-rounds-loose

However, I no longer live in MD. So I didn't have any issues but I had ordered ammo from CTD in early 2012 when I still lived in MD and didn't have any issues. They FedEx'd it right to my door. I would try another company as I won't give CTD my business no matter how good of a deal they may have.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I tried Columbia, Annapolis, Frederick, Salisbury on the "city" drop down menu and no,no lcsn do., you all are right...I forgot abou the price gouging last year by them....it is just that they have the cheapest 7.62 NATO new production around.....but ho well, others will do.

Thanks fellas!

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    STOP BUYING FROM CHEAPER THEN DIRT!!!! We wonder why we loose so many rights is because people refuse to protest with their wallets and votes.:sad20:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Are we still beating up on CTD? Ok, I'm cool with that.

For those late to the party here are a few simple facts:

-CTD (Cheaper Than Dirt) price gouged the crap out of people for a very long time.

-CTD got such a bad rap for doing this they made some major policy changes and sucked up to a bunch of gun company's and organizations.

-CTD (this year - 2013) made the largest donation to the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) that SAF has ever received, and Surprise, Surprise! SAF now LOVES CTD. Check out their Facebook page.
    -CTD even today have some of the most restrictive policies of any gun industry business, restricting gun, ammo and magazine sales to CA, CT, NY, MD, MA, NJ and others; many of their policies go well beyond what laws in these states require.
    -Many gun owners have not forgiven CTD, some never will.
    -America still has a free market and fiat currency.

Now some history: Once upon a time there was a little up start company called Cheaper Than Dirt; they specialized in selling the products most gun owners wanted at prices that often really were the best available. Then over time, their cheap newspaper like catalogs discontinued, their prices started going up and they became an internet oriented business; with full on marketing and slick catalogs.

Then one day after a couple sensationalized and tragic mass shootings (in no-gun zones, where law-abiding citizens could not carry firearms for self defense); guns and ammo prices began to soar. Many company's kept their original pricing policies and their stock was gone as fast as a New York minute or as fast as you could say Bernhard Goetz. A very few companies thought they would do some gouging and sell a box of 9mm for 10x or 20x the pre-crisis price. For many Americans, all this (mostly negative) media attention was a wake up call. Many decided to go buy a self defense gun for the first time, but found it extremely difficult and expensive to find ammo. Thanks to businesses like CTD and a few gun shops that would only sell you ammo by the box - IF you purchased a gun from them, and only in the caliber of the gun you purchased.

This debate is a dead-horse, CTD and a few other companies that price gouged, have apologized; maybe not as sincerely or loudly as many would have liked. CTD even joined a small coalition of gun manufactures that even today will not sell guns to law enforcement agencies in states where those same guns would be illegal in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

60733_10151430103614324_431014681_n.jpg

Here's some other discussion, you may find interesting; and if I have some info wrong, that's ok, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to make sure it all gets straightened up. I can't remember the last time I purchased anything from CTD, at least a year, probably closer to two by now.

https://www.facebook.com/SecondAmendmentFoundation/posts/10151762694251217

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-leos-of-states-where-weapons-are-prohibited/

http://www.change.org/petitions/che...ale-of-all-firearms-and-make-a-public-apology

You decide and vote with your money.

logo_wide.jpg

*disclaimer-
    I support the SAF, and I'm an NRA life member, among other pro-gun affiliations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom