• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    Unfortunately I used to purchase from them in the past. I experienced issues ordering as well, and they stated it was issues with their website, and not the location. For some reason, the system saw my address as a PO box ....

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    I have dealt with CTD for a few years and never had a problem. But I won't be anymore. There is a lot of good info on this site that I try to follow and so far it has all been right.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    All I will say is, I'm amazed that people are still bitching about CTD--it's OLD news. There's a dozen threads about them already, and if the OP had searched or read anything in the last 6 months about CTD he would have known better than to consider an order. As Minuteman so eloquently stated, maybe at one time CTD was OK, but not since things got rough.

hotshot

Oct 7, 2013
    delaware
    All I will say is, I'm amazed that people are still bitching about CTD--it's OLD news. There's a dozen threads about them already, and if the OP had searched or read anything in the last 6 months about CTD he would have known better than to consider an order. As Minuteman so eloquently stated, maybe at one time CTD was OK, but not since things got rough.

+1...what they did during the rush was wrong...

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I sent them a email about not shipping to maryland and this was there response "Most of our restrictions are dictated by state law. Other restrictions are company policy based on the lack of clarity in state regulations and previous experience with the state jurisdiction in question. If you can own it according to your laws and we list the item as restricted then it is the company policy that prevents the sale. " I can't say I blame them our laws a tricky for us to even understand.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Screw Cheaper than Derp.

Check out www.ammoman.com their prices are shipped to your door prices. $279 for 7.62x39 wolf classic.

They have .308 NATO also.

I like ammomans shipping included in the price policy.

I found out that they were based about 30min from my brothers house in New Jersey and asked him to pick me up a bunch of ammo in the past. They gave an in store pick up discount plus my brothers LEO discount made it very good for me.

Unfortunately the company was sold and the new owners don't do in store pick up. :sad20:

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013

O-Hebi

Jul 19, 2013
    Are you sure?

I have been buying Tulammo 7.62x39mm for a while and just recently (2 days ago) bought some. But, then again I never enter my zipcode in that box...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I agree with the why-deal-with-them-anyway opinions. A lot of their ammo prices I have seen, seem to not be "Cheaper Than Dirt" but more like "Expensive As Shit."

Exactly. Their $99 price on 30 round AR PMAGS was complete BS too back in January and February. I refuse to order anything from them now. Strangely, all of a sudden they have been sending me catalogs out of the blue and I have not ordered anything from them in years, maybe even a decade.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Target Sports USA and Aim Surplus are just a couple I get emails from all the time with very good prices. Cases are shipped free also. $399 for PMC P Tac m855 and $339 for Wolf Gold both shipped for instance. I like Ammo Man also, didn't realize Eric sold the company.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Capitalism is a wonderful thing. But these clowns redefined price gouging during the ammo crunch. They can ship whatever they might have available straight to hell for all I care. Feed 'em day old crab bait and buy elsewhere.
    Biggest ammo gougers during the epic 2013 ammo shortage. I used to buy from them, Never again at any price. They are free to raise their prices and I am free to blacklist them.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They APOLOGIZED?????

Did they offer to refund the over charged prices?

Nope, then it is just them figuring out they SCREWED UP, and trying to get customers back without actually doing anything for the customers.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Just to check this out, I tried ordering some 5.56 ammunition from CTD. Everything was working fine, to include shipping cost calculation to my Maryland ZIP code...until I tried to check out. Got the notice "Cannot Ship" -- "Because of restrictions imposed by local laws [sic], some of the items in your cart cannot be shipped to your current shipping address. Please remove these items from your cart."

So I just closed my browser.

Now I just got an e-mail reminder from them that I hadn't completed my order... :lol2:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I was going through receipts today and my last purchase from CTD was 10 Lancer mags for the AR on 12/17/13. They were $14.95 each when I placed my order. The price went up quickly thereafter.

What I have seen from CTD over the past year leaves me with mixed feelings. Almost any enterprising company/person would have taken advantage of the supply/demand issue with ammo and guns after Newtown. Those that were on the short end of it were pissed, which was me on a couple of occasions. Bought a Rock River lower for $305 back in February and after the crisis they are something like $139. Same goes for handguns. Bought some for a couple hundred more than they are going for now, but I wanted to get them in the pipeline ASAP to make sure I picked them up before October 1, 2013. This was before some dealers started doing "on time" release. End of the day, I still have mixed feelings about it. However, CTD seems to be pushing the envelope as far as it can with its current prices on 22lr. Here we are at Xmas time, a time for giving, where some little boys will be getting their first 22lr, and ammo can hardly be found.

So, who are the Scrouges this Xmas season. Those charging an insane amount for 22lr or those that are still hoarding it with zero concern for little Timmy that will be getting a 10/22 with no ammo? Of course, then there are those that think "If I don't buy it and hoard it, somebody else will, so I might as well."

Human nature sucks sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom