O'MALLEY: WE MAP THE LOCATION OF GUN OWNERS AND CCW HOLDERS HOMES!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Take this whole concept, substitute "gun owner" with "Jew", and tell me how that sounds.

I think there should be a simmilar database established that shows the locations of politicians. Homes, offices, businesses, ect. , where they can be found at all times. So we can feel "safer" by keeping an eye on them too, if the need should ever arise.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Take this whole concept, substitute "gun owner" with "Jew", and tell me how that sounds.

I think there should be a simmilar database established that shows the locations of politicians. Homes, offices, businesses, ect. , where they can be found at all times. So we can feel "safer" by keeping an eye on them too, if the need should ever arise.

better yet, lets put tracking devices on politicians. then we'll know when they visit their mistress or skip a legislative session to play a round of golf

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    It seems to be a map of people ( who have protective orders against them and who own guns. )

not people (who own guns) and people (who have protective orders against them)

There is a big difference there. I think if they were mapping gun owners there would be a lot more dots, especially in the western part of the state.

I agree. I do believe that when a Protective Order request is filed, there is a question on the form as to if the subject of the Order owns any firearms. If they were tracking people who owned firearms and no Protective Orders against them, there would be a WHOLE lot more dots, for sure!

Gfacter

Oct 9, 2008
    Metro MD
    Wow,

Other than the one 9mm I purchased, everything else I one is either a C&R gun or long gun.

I wonder if only the regulated guns are on this database.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    I read it differently, novus. It says to me that it is illegal for Federal purchase records to be turned over to any government or political entity. That implies that the MSP cannot walk into a Maryland FFL, copy their 4473s and build a list of gun owners. Agreed on the regulated firearms issue since that is State level but even then I would argue that it could run afoul of this.

Matt
    They don't need to. They will just copy it when it is faxed over for approval.

We all know they are doing it. Look at the poor bastard that got raided after buying .380 ammo at Fred's Sports in Waldorf when he didn't own a .380 handgun.
    They had the Ammo log at Fred's, and the MSP just checked their gun owner database. :mad54:

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    It seems to be a map of people ( who have protective orders against them and who own guns. )

not people (who own guns) and people (who have protective orders against them)

There is a big difference there. I think if they were mapping gun owners there would be a lot more dots, especially in the western part of the state.

Probably correct in that interpretation, but it would be good to know for sure.

futureseabee

CTT not seabee anymore
    Aug 18, 2008
    Va Beach
    i work with GIS in school, the only thing i can think of is they would have to go through one by one writing names and addresses on a spreadsheet and georeference them to plot the points. i might be able to talk to the guys who are GIS certified in MD government on how they got the info...

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    slide vs comments

I think the slide is worded poorly

It really is showing individuals with protective orders that own guns.

There is no way that map is showing all gun owners in the state. Though I do not doubt they are tracking that.

AGAIN! Someone at the conference HEARD differently! The slide is just a map with a legend block allowing you to blur down five words describing what your audience is looking at. :envy:

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    http://www.governor.maryland.gov/speeches/090218ESRI.pdf

page 21

Source: MD State police and mdgun database on the left.

On the right Individuals w/ protective orders and gun owners.

So can we start a class action lawsuit for that mdgun database? It's obvious that they are tracking our purchases to our houses so... I dont know about any of you but I am so distraught about this that I will need my name removed from that database and about $543,000 for the emotional harm that this has caused me knowing that my privacy has been shared without my consent. $543,000 is about right for that nice little house I saw in Leesburg. About 2 miles from the Potomac and Bridge that leads into Fredneck.

So... who else feel ravaged by O'barfley?

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I think the slide is worded poorly

It really is showing individuals with protective orders that own guns.

There is no way that map is showing all gun owners in the state. Though I do not doubt they are tracking that.

+1 Who ever wrote the slide is a moron. The map obviously shows individuals with protective orders who also happen to own guns.

Otherwise, there's only 5 gun owners in all of Baltimore City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom