• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    For you reloaders up in the North East corner of the state. Village Arms in Gap, PA has powder, primers and other goodies. They had at least 45 different smokeless powders, including both rifle and pistol, on the shelf, two in both 1 pound and 8 pound containers (haven't seen those for awhile). Good quantities of primers in multiple brands. Black powder and percussion caps in stock. A selection of bullets in most calibers although not a lot of choices as to brands or types. They give a 3% discount if you pay cash.

The Village Arms
    868 Route 41
    GAP, PA 17527

(717)442-9538

I stopped in today on my way from Rough and Tumble Thershermen's Reunion. Really good show this year. The Most Complete Steam & Gas Show in the East! Wednesday August 13th to Saturday August 16th.
    http://www.roughandtumble.org/viewreference/40/eventschedules/

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Since Pinecone wanted a "Powder Availability" Thread, might as well compile how I search Cabelas since their powder page typically doesn't show what they have in-stock:

Hodgdon's
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search_catalog_command.cmd?fromProductSearch=true&item1= THE - 210742

Accurate
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat104761080;cat333152280

Ramshot
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat104761080;cat333152280

Alliant

I don't understand why, but if I bookmark those pages, you can usually see what is available even if the main page doesn't show. Haven't managed to catch IMR yet to bookmark it. If I do, I'll update the post
    :thumbsup:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Awesome thanks! Wonder why they split rifle / handgun-shotgun for IMR?
    I would suspect, when available, that IMR has more powders than most other companies, thus it is easier to find your choice if they split them up...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bass Pro as of this afternoon, Sunday 8/16 had:

Hodgdon LEVERevolution
    IMR 4064
    IMR 8208xbr (low stock now :) )
    Alliant RL-17
    Alliant RL-19

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    IMR is owned by Hodgdon. Neither company makes it's own powder. The do retail packaging of powder from OEMs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodgdon_Powder_Company
    I realize that, but when you look at a list of powders, there is quite a lot of 'IMR' powders(regardless of who 'owns' the name now, this is how we differentiate them), thus some split it up into two separate categories. Back in the day when DuPont made it, they had one of the more diverse lines of powders and it does still entail a bunch of different choices.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Found this info:

General Dynamics American company that makes all Canadian-made IMR rifle powders, all Winchester Ball powders, some Accurates, the Alliant shpericals (PowerPro), and some Hodgdons.
    ATK American company that apparently makes all American-made Alliant pistol/shotgun powders (the flake powders, basically).
    Thales French company that owns ADI, makes all of Hodgy's "Extreme" rifle powders, plus some IMRs. At least 27% owned by the State of France, and 25.9% owned by Dassault.
    Rheinmetall German owner of Nitrochemie. Makes Reloder-17. Don't know about other commercial powders.
    Groupe SNPE French State-owned. Makes all Bofors (most of the Reloder line, and the Norma line) and Ramshot powders via their Eurenco layer.
    Nammo Makes Vihtavuori powders, pending regulatory approval of purchase from Eurenco. Nammo is owned 50/50 by the State of Norway and Patria group. Patria is 73.2% owned by the State of Finland, 26.8% by Airbus Industries. So, Nammo is 50% Norwegian, 36.6% Finnish, and 13.4% French.

Also
    New River Energetics is the name of Alliant's powder facility, not ATK. ATK is the super company that owns Alliant and many others. Also, Alliant's RL powders (except for RL17) is apparently made by Norma, or whoever makes Norma's powders.

From Hodgdon themselves:
    We manufacture Pyrodex, Triple Seven, White Hots muzzleloading propellants in Kansas. All Winchester and Hodgdon ball/spherical powders are made in Florida. All other powders are made outside the United States.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    For what? My first order is here, the last order should be here today.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    My first with Cabela's online order. An idiot I am. I didn't realize the photo doesn't match the product picture on the website. I order some Ram Shot thinking it was the Silhouette but ended up order 3 lbs of TAC. Stupid drop down.

I chatted online with Cabela to cancel my order but it shows my order is processing. I'm not going to sweat it since there has been good reviews for the Ram Shot. I guess this will push me to learn how to load some .223.

I do like the free shipping and $20 hazmat. To get the free shipping I also bought some CCI primers to go with the powder.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    I know someone looking for some Tac if you decide to sell it.

My first with Cabela's online order. An idiot I am. I didn't realize the photo doesn't match the product picture on the website. I order some Ram Shot thinking it was the Silhouette but ended up order 3 lbs of TAC. Stupid drop down.

I chatted online with Cabela to cancel my order but it shows my order is processing. I'm not going to sweat it since there has been good reviews for the Ram Shot. I guess this will push me to learn how to load some .223.

I do like the free shipping and $20 hazmat. To get the free shipping I also bought some CCI primers to go with the powder.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Cabelas has a number of powders available. 5 pound per powder limit.

Varget, LEVERevolution
    Reloader 15, 19, 25, 33
    H4831sc
    IMR 3031, 4895, 4320, 4831, 4227
    Accurate 5744, 4064, 2495
    Ramshot Tac#1

$5 shipping (plus $20 hazmat) using code 84FLAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members