• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Lite them up!

http://www.hocorising.com/2015/02/leave-your-guns-at-home-howard-county.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/bs-ed-howard-guns-letter-20150306-story.html#panel=comments

Lawyers, please read attached bill. What happened to state preemption?

Here is the preamble:

WHEREAS gun violence is one of the leading causes of death and injury to young 1 people in the United State and more than 30,000 people are killed by firearms each year in this 2 country; and 3

WHEREAS, in recent years, there have been a number of tragic incidents including 4 shootings in public buildings; and 5

WHEREAS prohibiting guns in public buildings decreases the opportunity that guns will 6 be misused and thereby protects the County employees working there and members of the 7 general public who are doing business there; and 8

WHEREAS State law already prohibits guns in schools and the Criminal Law Article, 9 Section 4-209 (b) specifically allows the County to prohibit possession of guns in other public 10 buildings; and 11

WHEREAS it is prudent to keep guns out of public buildings unless they are carried by 12 those who are specifically trained in their use for a legitimate public safety purpose.

Attachments

• CB8-2015.pdf
      19.7 KB · Views: 274

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I stopped in the East Columbia library a few weeks ago and was surprised to find a patrol car parked out front and an officer inside who looked like he was there functioning as a guard so to speak. That neighborhood borders the worst part of Columbia but I was still surprised the county determined that an officer was required to be posted at the library. So if the library is in fact such a dangerous place, all the more reason to allow concealed carry for those so approved.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    How will this change one thing. I love the hoco rising link where they list 2 shootings that happened in different parts of the country. Are these people that obtuse to think that if there is a law and a gun free sign those shootings would not have happened. Some mad man hell bent on shooting up a place is going to plan this out and walk up to the building then see the sign and turnaround ???

But then again this is common sense....

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I just spoke with Councilman Calvin Ball's admin and told her that unless metal detectors and armed guards are a requirement of this proposed legislation then this is just more FEEL GOOD legislation that they can send out an email blast for.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    What is in subsection 19.205 of the County Code?

I looked it up, seems to have to do with permits. The reference is not entirely clear and I have not had a lot of time, but I think it means there is an exception for permitted activities under that section. I.e. if you have firearms on county property for a permitted activity like hunting, for the managed hunts.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I looked it up, seems to have to do with permits. The reference is not entirely clear and I have not had a lot of time, but I think it means there is an exception for permitted activities under that section. I.e. if you have firearms on county property for a permitted activity like hunting, for the managed hunts.

Oh good, the fuds will be happy. :sarcasm:

Rob.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    So Howard County, I guess that choosing "Civility" ain't as easy as you thought?

Instead of all this liberal BS maybe you should remember that an Armed Society is a Polite Society and Politeness is the Cornerstone of Civility.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    How will this change one thing. I love the hoco rising link where they list 2 shootings that happened in different parts of the country. Are these people that obtuse to think that if there is a law and a gun free sign those shootings would not have happened. Some mad man hell bent on shooting up a place is going to plan this out and walk up to the building then see the sign and turnaround ???

But then again this is common sense....

Are these people that obtuse? Yes and no.
    They are terminally obtuse, but even they do not believe that a law and a gun free sign will prevent future shootings. In their minds it is sufficient that the law and the sign are INTENDED to prevent future shootings.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    https://apps.howardcountymd.gov/olis/LegislationDetail.aspx?LegislationID=1159

Can we please this time not threaten to kill the cops?
    That was uncomfortable and frankly we're still paying for that passionate comment.

I will be there March 16th at 7:30pm for the first hearing.

Just tragic that this disrespect for the Constitution occurs on the day set aside to observe George Washington's birthday.

It would be a great benefit if the legal eagles can specify if Howard Co. can do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom