• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Quote today on Allan Kittleman's website regarding the "Nutritional Standards" bill be vetoed:

"The bill has multiple flaws, will lead to unintended consequences, and is an ineffective and unnecessary intrusion on personal responsibility and freedom."

Too bad he wasn't brave enough to take THAT stance when it came to THIS topic.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Quote today on Allan Kittleman's website regarding the "Nutritional Standards" bill be vetoed:

"The bill has multiple flaws, will lead to unintended consequences, and is an ineffective and unnecessary intrusion on personal responsibility and freedom."

Too bad he wasn't brave enough to take THAT stance when it came to THIS topic.

EXACTLY!

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I worked for the NRA when it was in Washington, D.C. We had a range in the basement and we used to put our guns in a briefcase with ammo, get on the subway and bring them to work on 1600 Rhode Island Avenue. All legal, too. At lunch, we'd snarf down a sandwich and then, with our Ruger and S&W 41 autos or K17 and 63 revolvers, go down to pop off 50-100 rounds of .22LR (the only caliber that was legal). But it was a lot of fun. And no one on Metro knew that we had them. But even if they had, like I said, it was all legal.

Ever notice the relentless decline of cool things? Ever notice how you move into an area and within five years all your favorite restaurants are gone? Remember being able to go into the rock quarries and the canyons and find a good spot and shoot until dusk? Now you'd end up being arrested, booked and fined...not to mention having your guns confiscated. Now if you want to shoot guns outside, especially in Maryland, you have to shoot stop signs, then tear out of Dodge! I always loved those highway signs in the South and the West with bullet holes through them.

The anti-gunners in Maryland and elsewhere say that if you want to own firearms, you should know how to shoot them. Yet they carefully and methodically zone out any ranges they can and make laws so inconvenient that few can afford to shoot at existing shooting ranges. At the same time they call on the NRA and gun owners to compromise, a process that forces gun owners to give up their rights and, as for the gun grabbers, they don't get as many of your rights as they'd hoped! That's compromise. The other side never gives up anything they have, only what they'll settle for.

Ever notice the relentless decline of cool things?

I grew up in DC & in the early 60's, began shooting at the NRA range at 16th & RI Ave every Saturday. I shot there for several years & went I got to high school, I was able to shoot on the rifle team. Imagine that, all the public high schools in DC & many schools in the surrounding suburbs had teams as well. Interscholastic shooting competition was a big deal.

Look how things have changed over the last 50 yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom