• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think we made our point that the bill only affects concealed carry permit holders, less than 1/3 of 1% of Maryland citizens. That 0.31% is ironically some of the most vetted, checked, double checked, and checked again citizens walking around. Those are not the folks committing violent crimes. Of course the problem remains that there is an element of people who think all guns are bad and they are literally terrified that someone CCWing will accidentally drop their gun and they'll get shot. An irrational fear to us but not to them. Anyway Greg Fox is the sole republican on the county council and was the most engaged during the testimonies. I hope we brought enough to the table to at least make them realize that the bill won't work without metal detectors and guards in every county building and that will fail purely because of the cost. Thanks to those who came out and especially to R&R who drove well over an hour and also took the opportunity to talk with some of the antis afterwards. We really have some good people on our side.

I'd urge all HoCo residents to send in an email testimony. If nothing else, let them see that a lot of people are against this, not just the few who came out.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Kittleman says "While I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and while [the bill] is not without flaws, I believe it provides necessary protections to our dedicated employees and citizens."

Future credibility = 0

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I stopped in the East Columbia library a few weeks ago and was surprised to find a patrol car parked out front and an officer inside who looked like he was there functioning as a guard so to speak. That neighborhood borders the worst part of Columbia but I was still surprised the county determined that an officer was required to be posted at the library. So if the library is in fact such a dangerous place, all the more reason to allow concealed carry for those so approved.

After school kids run amok in that place . That's why the cop is there. To ride herd over the latch key brats whose single parent uses it as a safe haven babysitting service. I have seen that for years there.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Kittleman says "While I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and while [the bill] is not without flaws, I believe it provides necessary protections to our dedicated employees and citizens." Future credibility = 0

Just reading that sentence in the 2 seconds it took, agreed his credibility went through the floor.

Too bad he never read the amendment.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just reading that sentence in the 2 seconds it took, agreed his credibility went through the floor.

Too bad he never read the amendment.

I'm sure he has read the 2nd Amendment. As sure as I am that he is pandering to what he believes is wanted in Howard County. Think I have just over 15 years left in this county and/or state. While I do not wish for them to go quickly, I sure will be ecstatic when the kids are done with grade school.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I'm sure he has read the 2nd Amendment. As sure as I am that he is pandering to what he believes is wanted in Howard County. Think I have just over 15 years left in this county and/or state. While I do not wish for them to go quickly, I sure will be ecstatic when the kids are done with grade school.

Not lately.

I have 5 and counting down every month :)

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

Attachments

• 150411_003.jpg
      150411_003.jpg
      32.7 KB · Views: 253

Rebelwon

Jul 10, 2013
    Woodstock, MD (HoCo)
    I am terribly disappointed. I voted for this guy because I thought he would stand up to such liberal nonsense. Should have known that you can't take the politician out of the boy.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Just wrote him a polite but angry email. To think of the work I did to help him get elected and this is how he acts. He has a new adversary (me) and I will be dogging him on social media forever now.

I'd really like to have him explain just HOW this keeps anyone safer.

What a TOOOOL.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just wrote him a polite but angry email. To think of the work I did to help him get elected and this is how he acts. He has a new adversary (me) and I will be dogging him on social media forever now.

I'd really like to have him explain just HOW this keeps anyone safer.

What a TOOOOL.

The question is, who would you like to replace him? Courtney Watson?

This is kind of like Hogan.

Both Hogan and Kittleman know their base does not want to see a flaming liberal elected, so they have the backing of their base at the voting booth. However, they also know that they need to cater to enough people that are middle of the road to help them win the election.

This reminds me of the round table meeting that Howard County Schools had after Newtown. We discussed how to improve school safety, and the lady sitting next to me said, "We should put signs on the school to let people know that it is illegal to bring guns into the school." She was shocked when I told her that the signs were already in place and she had walked right by one when she entered the building, and she obviously did not see it at all. Think I offended her. Of course, I went on and asked her exactly how that sign would stop somebody bent on murdering children, from bringing a gun into the school? She was silent.

Yep, signs and laws are really going to stop somebody bent on killing. No doubt about that. SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom